1.    #1  
    Pretty good mystery title, eh?

I have one of the "original" treos - received 4 weeks ago. I noticed today that the bottom edge of the case "clicks" when I push on or around the Blazer or Scroll Down buttons. Seems to "give" more than it should, and definitely makes an audible click each time - like the case isn't "welded" shut well down there or something.

Does anyone else's do this?

And, what I really want to know, is do the newer treos NOT do this? If they don't, I'm considering this as the basis for an exchange...

Thanx
    Paul
    Nice Avatar. Have a hard day, eh? ;-)

Yes, my Treo creaks near the bottom, ever since I got it last monday (yes one whole week! ;-). It doesn't bother me enough to pester for a replacement, though I won't rule out other issues needing a replacement.

For example, has anyone else noticed grayscale drawing bugs? On my Treo, certain grays just don't draw correctly, especially in a vertical gradient. Check this pic to see what I mean:
    http://www.snapbag.com/~flux/temp/graybars.jpg
    As you can see it's pretty bad, but really only when the affected grays are all drawn vertically. I first noticed it in a grayscale picker for another app, and so I tested it out more by drawing gradients with DrawIT.
  3.    #3  
    Greg - do you have a "new" one (with the internationalization, new SW revs, bolder letters on keys, etc.) or an "old" one?

Thanx
    Paul
    well, I don't have an old one to physically compare to, but mine does have the internationalized OS. After a hard reset, I am asked to pick a language and verify it, and press Z on the keyboard and what not. For some reason I have been unable to determine the versions of all those things that supposedly changed, but hopefully the internationalization is enough to make that determination?
  5.    #5  
    Yep - that sounds like a "new" one - yipee - the case creak may be pretty widespread...

Hello model airplane glue...

Paul
    I have probe the one I got for a couple weeks now (original) and cannot find any clicking sound. The only thing that makes sound is the SIM door at the back when you hold it to tpe. i wonder if this is what is causing the "clicking" sound on yours? If this is the case, then it would be normal.
    still, mine is barely noticeable. If yours is so bad that the creak is worse than the click of the buttons, and/or is getting worse with daily use, then maybe there's a case (hehe) for a replacement. I had noticed it on mine when I first got it, but I can hardly make it do it now. I can pinch the Treo near the edges and see the seam close just barely more. It was obviously designed to have a VERY narrow gap around the edges... maybe so a plastic case can be made, like the one for the edge, I dunno. I'm just typing....
    I never noticed it before, but now that you mention it.... my "old" Treo clicks, and my 2nd gen. one "creaks".

I haven't sent the replacement back yet - I got the replacement for the echo problem. Which, btw, seems to remain a minor problem -- but I have not done enough testing yet. The first call I made on the new one (which was a critical business call, btw) 2 minutes into the damn conversation the guy says "do you hear an echo, or something?", which I promptly rejected as an absurd suggestion, by my tone of voice and the prompt denial. He didn't mention it again.

Creaks and clicks I can live with; the echo's a little tougher....
    the case on my 2nd opened up a bit at the bottom-resulting in a creak. Get this: blow into the hotsync connector, you'll see the buttons move
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I haven't had any problems with clicking or creaking but I bet the not-quite-tight case is why my screen is a little squishy. (I was the guy complaining about that before - though my most recent replacement isn't as bad).

When I press down on the edges, the screen isn't as squishy.