Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    okay, I was planning to return my pre for a blackberry tour2 when it gets released, but I fell in love with webOS. So, my question is, should I keep my pre? Or do you think another webos phone will come to sprint in the next 4-6 weeks?

Edit: Let me get this straight, I can wait 12 months, and only have to pay 75$ more? I though you had to wait the full 22 months in order to get all the mail in rebates and stuff, can you get the rebates after 12 months? If so, I am going to start upgrading every 12 months.
    Last edited by erikmarcus; 01/13/2010 at 07:13 PM.
    Whether one comes soon or not, we don't know and have no way of finding out until Palm and/or Sprint decides to let us know. As for whether you should get a BB or not, only YOU can decide that. You have to decide whether the Pre you currently have is meeting your needs or not. If it does then keep it. If it doesn't then get something else. No one else can decide that for you.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Greatest idea just hit me ...

Keep ur Pre until a new WebOS phone comes out!?

Had to do it...
    4 to 6 weeks no new phone... but def in like 6 months.. there is even a hint of a new phone on the front page of precentral !

Either way.. Sprint will have the latest and greatest WebOS first (for now) as they have been loyal..

Oh yea.. I had a Blackberry Storm.. and that phone was a laggy/crash prone phone... Also crashed on me while i was trying to dial 911(took almost 4 minutes to reboot) - while a lady is holding her bleeding child... Needless to say Put it up on Ebay.. best decision i ever made.

Out of the box... no matter what anyone tells me and the shortcomings of Pre... The Pre launched a MUCH more solid phone then the Blackberry Storm.
    Last edited by antonio3; 01/11/2010 at 06:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticX View Post
    Greatest idea just hit me ...

Keep ur Pre until a new WebOS phone comes out!?

Had to do it...
    I have to hold onto it for 22 months, I wanna be sure it wont get outdated.
    dude every phone gets outdated in less than 6 months
    there will definitely be a new sprint webos phone in under a year, but who cares. The current pre does a lot, though the extra Ram of the pre-plus would be nice. I definitely wouldn't get the BB simply because I hate how locked down they are.

Also sprint will let you upgrade after one year provided you have a plan that is more than $40 a month (which all sprint plans are). The only thing is you'll only get a $75 dollar discount rather than the usual $150 dollar one you get for opening a new line or upgrading after 22 months. Just make sure you upgrade online as they will waive the activation fees but will not if you do it in a brick and mortar store.

Incidently having an old phone on sprint is somewhat useful. it is super easy to switch which phone is actived online. I still use my old treo in situations (outdoors/hiking) where I don't want to risk damage to my pre.
    Upgrade savings are available after 1 year or 22 months of service on the same device. When you're signed in to sprint.com, you can see the discounted price for eligible devices.
    Upgrade online and we'll wave the $18 activation fee and give you free shipping.
    You'll need:
    An account in good standing
    1 or 2 year contract
    $39.99/mo. or higher plan
    Sprint may change or terminate this program at any time at Sprint's sole discretion. One upgrade per line will be processed in a 12 or 22 month period.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by erikmarcus View Post
    I have to hold onto it for 22 months, I wanna be sure it wont get outdated.
    Are you on Sprint? If so, you should be able to upgrade after 12 months.
    yep though you still have to pay $75 more than if you waited the full 22 months.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    or you can be a sprint premier member and get a free upgrade on the main line every year for the full 150 off
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    you have to have sprint for 10 years, spend 70/mth on an individual plan or 99 on a family plan which we all have to do if we have the pre...so all of us should be able to switch for the full 150 after a year as long as we are the primary line on a shared plan or an individual line...
    keep the Pre like I am and just pray that we will be lucky enough to get the new webOS right away on launch with lets say Sprint. they could come out with a new webOS but doesn't mean it will be for Sprint or Verizon. I personally think there will be a new phone within a year..but there will definitely be some sort of leak. the palm c40 thingy probably isn't anything big since its been seen before many months ago, palm or sprint would've announced something already.
    Will it be outdated? Your call. But you know it will be updated. 1.4 should keep your attention for a few more minutes.
    I personally have heard & experienced bad things with BB. crashes, & poor cell signal management.

As someone already said it ultimately your decision, I'm stickin with Palm!
    I'm sticking with the Pre and look forward to future Palm Sprint releases. With all the patches found here I still think my phone is hard to beat. Verizon's Pre Plus is neat but not worth paying their rates for me.
    My phone is themed to look the way I want it.
    Tweaked to go 600 mhz and I have no problems with it.
    All the functions I dreamed in a phone including blocking unwanted calls.
    I can already record video.
    I play Need for Speed on it and I can tether wireless.
    What more could I ask for?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    Are you on Sprint? If so, you should be able to upgrade after 12 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by thehomelessguy View Post
    yep though you still have to pay $75 more than if you waited the full 22 months.
    Alright, I share a plan with my dad, and he is the premier customer and the main line, so he gets the 150$ off every 12 months.

Let me get this straight, I can wait 12 months, and only have to pay 75$ more? I though you had to wait the full 22 months in order to get all the mail in rebates and stuff, can you get the rebates after 12 months? If so, I am going to start upgrading every 12 months.
    Alright, I share a plan with my dad, and he is the premier customer and the main line, so he gets the 150$ off every 12 months.

Let me get this straight, I can wait 12 months, and only have to pay 75$ more? I though you had to wait the full 22 months in order to get all the mail in rebates and stuff, can you get the rebates after 12 months? If so, I am going to start upgrading every 12 months.
    Yes that is right. As your dad is the one who owns the primary line and pays the bill. he is the Premier Customer and gets $150 off every year. Every Other Customer on your plan or whoever shares the plan with him, gets $75 off an upgrade every 12 months, but $150 off every 22 months.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HChristianS View Post
    Yes that is right. As your dad is the one who owns the primary line and pays the bill. he is the Premier Customer and gets $150 off every year. Every Other Customer on your plan or whoever shares the plan with him, gets $75 off an upgrade every 12 months, but $150 off every 22 months.
    Can I get the rebates at 12 months?

Your a bit confused and Sprint doesn't help the matter. Here is how upgrades work:

After 22 months(or 12 months on Premier) you can get a full upgrade. This is either $150 off the retail price of the phone or new customer pricing, which ever is cheaper. Due to the insane retail price, new customer pricing is always cheaper.

After 12 months into a 22 month upgrade you qualify for a $75 credit. Again this is off the retail price. Right now that would put the Pre at $475 after the credit. You would be better off getting it off of ebay. Give it a month after the Pre 2 comes out and they will be around $400 on ebay.

Yes, if you do sign on for another two years you will still get the rebate after 12 months.