Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misterwilson View Post
    I personally think Palm shafted the early adopters, and we are the consumers that made the Pre so popular. I would consider spending 100 bucks to trade in my 1.0 to a 1.5 device. Exclusivity or not, it's kinda unfair. We were like the beta testers and fought with all the hardware and cloud problems to give Verizon a 'perfected' device. It's bogus if you think about it.

but either way, come Feb, we'll all have a device that poops on the iPhone.
    I understand, but then again how would a company improve with out early adapter that give feed back and make a better device? I personally never have filled those 8 gig up, but i see that one would want the space just incase.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Palm is running a business, not a damn charity. They release a revolutionary device which was new territory for them, sure it had a lot of bugs to work out, but that's the way of the proverbial road. Get over it and move on, they are making updates and changes and hopefully will release a brand new device that will knock everyone's socks off.

They are not out to personally upset anyone, I've always been flabbergasted at upset when a company releases new hardware... its life get over it. At the end of the day us Pre owners on Sprint did get it 6 months before the VZ people, how can you expect them not to make any changes to the device for launch on a new carrier? It's just business, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by philburkhardt View Post
    Sprint only had exclusivity for 6 months. If they do the same for Verizon, that could possibly mean the pre + at Sprint around June.

Of course, that is all speculation and wishful thinking. But, It makes sense too.
    But Sprint isn't as important to Palm as Verizon. Verizon has 2X the customers as Sprint. Yeah, Sprint and Palm have always been friendly, but come on, that's not nearly as important to Palm as surviving.

Quote Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
    Why are you surprised? Buyers of first gen devices are basically beta testers. Look at the first gen iphone, they paid an insanely high price for a 2G device. Same with the G1, and many other first gen phones. It is just the way it is in this marketplace.
    Not just phones. All computer or computer-like products. I have friends that bought the aluminum unibody MacBook (NOT MacBook Pro) that are annoyed because they don't have FireWire or an SD card slot, which they would get if they waited a few months for the Pro. Early hardware. Same with first-gen iPhone owners. They were livid when the 3G came out. I bought a first gen iPod Touch about a month before the second gen came out. Cry a river. Don't blame the manufacturer- blame yourself. You know what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    you wouldnt be singing that song if you were on Verizon.

what about people on AT&T who still don't know if/what/when theyre getting a WebOS phone?

what about people on Verizon who had to wait until now for a WebOS phone?

what about people on Sprint who don't have an Android 2.X device?

what about people who aren't on TMobile who want a Nexus One?

what about people who aren't on TMobile who want an HD2?

etc etc etc.

nobody got shafted. it's the evolution of technology and it moves a lot faster than it did even a year ago.

if you can't afford to keep up, then don't complain.
    Exactly!
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seb_or_Sam View Post
    But Sprint isn't as important to Palm as Verizon. Verizon has 2X the customers as Sprint. Yeah, Sprint and Palm have always been friendly, but come on, that's not nearly as important to Palm as surviving.
    True, but I also doubt that VZW is selling twice as many webOS devices as Sprint. I would posit that the company that is the most important to Palm is the one that sells the most of their devices, not necessarily the one that has the most subscribers.
    I read somewhere that Verizon's exclusivity with the Pre Plus ends in mid to late April 2010. While I would love to see the Pre Plus on Sprint, I would actually rather the Pre Plus go to AT&T around then and then the next best version (C40?) come to Sprint sometime this summer.

I for one got a launch day Pre and with Sprint I can upgrade my phone every year, so I can get an upgrade around June. While I definitely want to stick with WebOS, Palm's current hardware really isn't that great. I would love to see a new version of the Pre that still keeps the portrait sliding keyboard, but has a better processor, more RAM, more storage or MicroSD slot, and a slightly bigger screen with a resolution similar to the Droid or Nexus One.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123