Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sharksnut View Post
    What device is _that_? What changes this month?

I have a 755p and want to move to WebOS, but not if a new device (e.g. Pixi Plus) is coming to Sprint soon.
    I believe he's referring to flash support and webos 1.4. I can barely wait :-D
    I would love a revamped palm, i loved my zire and love web os but the pre is lacking a bit with the oreo.
    I NEED a revamped Palm. I've had the Pre since October and have found myself hating it more and more every passing day. I've always had the choice to get an iPhone, and (stupidly) decided to be a webOS early adopter. There are SO many problems with it and the build quality on the Pre is absolutely horrendous. Seeing my twin brother use his iPhone everyday side by side with my Pre makes me ache because it is honestly made so much better. (I'm not bashing because I wholeheartedly believe that webOS has the potential in the upcoming years to be a tremendous OS) but now I know never to be a Palm early adopter ever again. My Pre started falling apart from day 1 and I have taken utmost care of it. And the app catalog is horrible, apps that would be free in the Android Marketplace or the App Store are $1 in the App Catalog, and the quality of apps is just so much lower than you'd find on the competitors. When Palm releases new hardware that truly captivates me I'll be glad to get back on the webOS boat, but for now as soon as the HTC Supersonic comes out I'm upgrading to that beast.
    (And to the guy who said come February it'll **** on the iPhone, I couldn't disagree more. All we'll have is Flash over the iPhone, everything else "big" that's coming it already has. I must admit multitasking is amazing though.)

And what's with the lack of a voice recording app?!
    HTC supersonic may be announced next week. I will be switching unless palm can match that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    HTC supersonic may be announced next week. I will be switching unless palm can match that.
    whered you hear that?
    I'm also curious, where'd you hear it? I'm definitely upgrading to that as well unless Palm can match it.
  7.    #27  
    aside from build quality and a handful of truly cool apps, i'm not sure the iphone has anything on the pre...of course, those are relatively big deals...
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by torourke View Post
    aside from build quality and a handful of truly cool apps, i'm not sure the iphone has anything on the pre...of course, those are relatively big deals...
    I use to think that way till my sister recently got an iphone and we now have a can your phone do this battle at least twice a week. Needless to say after about 2 weeks I got nothing left to to win with.

What does the pre do that any other smart phone can't do besides the card view style of multitasking?

If Palm can't actually produce a decent upgrade to the pre by June and not just another + upgrade I moving on until they get their act together.
    @helidos, I feel the exact same way. The "can your phone do this?" battle ended for me ages ago with my brother. The thing is if one of your major investors is going to openly state that everyone is going to jump ship from iPhone to WebOS and the Pre because it's superior, you better be confident that you indeed have a superior phone. I apologize but I'm starting to see with every passing day how much my Pre sucks. Upgrading to WM7 or Android unless Palm releases something that will actually pwn the competition. WE NEED NEW HARDWARE THAT DOESN'T FALL APART!!

What I would kill for
    -HTC HD2 or Supersonic like hardware (HD screen, Snapdragon or OMAP4 because WebOS needs that to run smoothly without lag)
    -Better build quality.
    -Push Notifications
    -Widgets
    -Higher app quality
    -A far less buggy WebOS
    -Synergy fixes (Like deleting the Facebook contact I don't care about)
    -Optimize the UI so it runs smoothly at a higher FPS (Scrolling and things just lag and get choppy and I know I'm not the only one who notices this)
    -Better browser!!!
    -A useful official Facebook app. (You know EVERYBODY is annoyed by this)

That's just to start, I'll be updating when I can think of more (and I know I will)
    Feel free to add as you wish.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I am a little tired of Sprint Nextel missing the boat on several issues with regard to handsets in general for example the iPhone I think it would have worked blazingly fast and well on the Sprint 3g and 4G networks.

As for more memory; I am all for larger memory capacity; Why an addition of a memory card slot was not offered at the pre's introduction is beyond me; it would keep certain memory hog type applications of the phone UI and possibly improve battery life.

I am seriously considering Google app phone with Sprint Nextel but afraid to lose the multiple profile contacts and calendar capability... Just MHO.

BTW this site is AWESOME keep up the great work. So many tweaks so little time
    Last edited by jcorcione; 02/15/2010 at 02:32 PM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by anus1220 View Post
    @helidos, I feel the exact same way. The "can your phone do this?" battle ended for me ages ago with my brother. The thing is if one of your major investors is going to openly state that everyone is going to jump ship from iPhone to WebOS and the Pre because it's superior, you better be confident that you indeed have a superior phone. I apologize but I'm starting to see with every passing day how much my Pre sucks. Upgrading to WM7 or Android unless Palm releases something that will actually pwn the competition. WE NEED NEW HARDWARE THAT DOESN'T FALL APART!!

What I would kill for
    -HTC HD2 or Supersonic like hardware (HD screen, Snapdragon or OMAP4 because WebOS needs that to run smoothly without lag)
    -Better build quality.
    -Push Notifications
    -Widgets
    -Higher app quality
    -A far less buggy WebOS
    -Synergy fixes (Like deleting the Facebook contact I don't care about)
    -Optimize the UI so it runs smoothly at a higher FPS (Scrolling and things just lag and get choppy and I know I'm not the only one who notices this)
    -Better browser!!!
    -A useful official Facebook app. (You know EVERYBODY is annoyed by this)

That's just to start, I'll be updating when I can think of more (and I know I will)
    Feel free to add as you wish.
    I really don't know what you guys are talking about. I just turn on Pandora and check my email at the same time and watch iphoners weep.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by anus1220 View Post

What I would kill for
    -Better build quality.
    Agreed. Palm's hardware is just cheap looking compared to what HTC and Apple are dishing out (both of which have great software platform as well). In order to really stand out and get great reviews Palm has got to match or surpass their hardware quality. I would enjoy seeing some aluminum incorporated. HTC Legend has a great case, and I'd bet the next iPhone will have a nice unibody aluminum case.

If June comes and Palm simply updates its Sprint line to the Pre plus and Pixi plus I'll probably go Android.
    you people kills me,why not make your own freakin phone. Iphone do this,pre dosen't do that what the hell. We always have a choice,use it and shut the hell up!
  14. Evansgw
    They need to license the OS so that it is an option for other hardware manufacturers to install.

There would be a greater number of phones with the OS, they would be on more networks, and across more price points.

Right now by holding the OS to a few specially designed devices they are limiting their outreach and profitability.

They need to move quickly on this or they will continue to lose market share to Android and likely to the upcoming WM7 (even if they are restricting the types of phones that can be used).
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    okay, I just got back from the sprint store cuz my phone broke, and when i asked if i could upgrade, the sprint corporaion tech. had told me that yes i could but i should wait till the summer cuz palm is comming out with a MUCH better device. She said that she couldent say anymore but i should most deffinatly wait till the summer. This makes me belive that the Pre 2 is comming to sprint with 4G, because sprint said they already have a line up for 4G phones comming out in the summer.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Man, don't say stuff like this.. I JUST got my Palm, so I'm screwed out of new devices for quite awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by cubanguy View Post
    okay, I just got back from the sprint store cuz my phone broke, and when i asked if i could upgrade, the sprint corporaion tech. had told me that yes i could but i should wait till the summer cuz palm is comming out with a MUCH better device. She said that she couldent say anymore but i should most deffinatly wait till the summer. This makes me belive that the Pre 2 is comming to sprint with 4G, because sprint said they already have a line up for 4G phones comming out in the summer.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    you people kills me,why not make your own freakin phone. Iphone do this,pre dosen't do that what the hell. We always have a choice,use it and shut the hell up!
    +1
    Definitely agree with you.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    They should make the Pre 2. Like the way Apple keeps adding stuff to Iphone 2g, 3g, 3gs.

It should definitely have the 1Ghz CPU and 1 GB of RAM with 32GB of FLASH Storage. Also with 802.11n.
    Quote Originally Posted by loumatrix View Post
    They should make the Pre 2. Like the way Apple keeps adding stuff to Iphone 2g, 3g, 3gs.

It should definitely have the 1Ghz CPU and 1 GB of RAM with 32GB of FLASH Storage. Also with 802.11n.
    I agree wholeheartedly with the processor, RAM I feel like a gig is excessive. The Pre Plus holds up 50 apps, after all we are trying to keep the price down but the storage is definitely a must. And I don't have an N router so it's not much to me but it's a feature it could hold over most devices.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonpossible View Post
    I don't see why anyone really cares about what Verizon is getting. They're basically getting a Gen 1.5 phone, and by the time most of our renewals are up hopefully we'll be looking at a 2nd Gen. Even if i had to go another year after my renewal, i could easily do it with this phone, and not have any beef. So long as WebOs keeps making improvements, which it will.
    i agree that one can wait for an upgrade with this device, it has so many easter eggs. that one can seem to never get tired of it.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast