1.    #1  
    All over the web today is the news that yahoo is going to start charging for POP3 access and mail forwarding for their accounts (viewing the email from their ad-laden website will remain free).

This perhaps increases the value proposition for TreoMail instead of the (heretofore) free yahoo SMS notification?

Now, if only Handspring would actually get the SMS mail notification feature to actually WORK...
    I am in California and I do get the sms notificationsf from Treo Mail. It works really well although near my house I only get some SMS messages ever. As soon as I get a mile or two down the road all my SMS arrive - go figure? Anyone from Cingular reading this?

I still cannot decide if I prefer getting SMS notifications or the regular dial up on schedule. Most Exchange servers are on a schedule too - check and send mail every 10 minutes - it may make sense to use a schdule on TreoMail too rather than assuming that mails arrive all the time in Exchange.
  3.    #3  
    Well it's good to know it's working for some people. Maybe it's a Cingular vs. Voicestream issue. Anyone who is trying TreoMail who's on VoiceStream successfully receive an SMS email notification yet?

This could be a downfall of developing the app from out in CA (Handspring HQ)... I'd imagine it's much easier for them to test on Cingular.

Originally posted by meta_dave
    I am in California and I do get the sms notificationsf from Treo Mail. It works really well although near my house I only get some SMS messages ever. As soon as I get a mile or two down the road all my SMS arrive - go figure? Anyone from Cingular reading this?