1.    #1  
    I've had my treo for a month now (I ordered on 2/23/2002 and received it on 2/26/2002). I upgraded from VP/Prism combo. Upon receiving my Treo, I simply transferred everything over from my Prism. This was very simple process. However, for the first week I had to do hard resets - due to lockups "fatal error" at least once per day. I began to remove applications to isolate the offender. The last applications that I removed was web clippings files. It's been nearly 3wks now and absolutely no lock-ups. It appears that there was some clash with Web Clipping apps.
    I was using the Palm MIK (Mobile Internet Kit) v1.0 for Windows.

I'm wondering if anyone else have experienced similar problems with web clipping apps.

Let me know....
    Visor Phone, Treo 180, Treo 270, Nokia 3650, Treo 650, Treo 680, Treo 800w
    However, for the first week I had to do hard resets - due to lockups "fatal error" at least once per day. It appears that there was some clash with Web Clipping apps.
    I was using the Palm MIK (Mobile Internet Kit) v1.0 for Windows.

I'm wondering if anyone else have experienced similar problems with web clipping apps.

Let me know....
    I did a clean install on my Treo, but did kind of shovel lots of stuff onto it, including pqa w/ Palm MIK 1.0 (mac). I also got Fatal Exception lockups forcing a hard reset. I then dumped all but my most crucial apps and have been selectively adding back. Ithought the problem was either buttons-t 1.0, supernames 1.62, or launch 'em 3.1. I put treo button on with no problems, but was hoping I'd get the others back too.

I'm not sure how I feel about the PQAs being the problem...I'd like my essentials apps back (pqas not among them) but I kind of dug that I could use the pqas.

I never got a crash when ACTUALLY USING the PQAs usually in the other apps I mentioned or switching between them.

P.S.: I found that most of the PQAs were out of date or non-functional. The Palm.net site has lots of pqas that don't work anymore. I guess the Palm VII is mostly defunt and the i705 is not widely adopted (and may never be) What did you find PQA-wise?
  3.    #3  
    I never got a crash when ACTUALLY USING the PQAs usually in the other apps I mentioned or switching between them.
    Interesting, I too did not have crashes while using the PQA apps. For me the crashes appeared to be random and it was independent of program running at the time. In fact I went so far as to begin deleting PQA's and to my dismay even with no PQA installed, but with Web Clipping system files installed - I still got the Fatal Exceptions.

FYI, I do not use any of the Apps you mentioned - Launchem, buttons-t, supernames or Treo button.

The PQA's that I had installed were E-trade, fidelity, ticketmaster, moviefone, UPS, WSJ, Bigcharts.

With my VP/Prism combination, I never did experience such a problem.

I'm curious if web clippings work with the newest Treo firmware.....
    Visor Phone, Treo 180, Treo 270, Nokia 3650, Treo 650, Treo 680, Treo 800w
    Originally posted by wagadesa

I'm curious if web clippings work with the newest Treo firmware.....
    nope. I cancelled my original Handspring order when they couldn't deliver, and reordered with Amazon (w/ $100 coupon and NO taxes. total savings: $144.37)

I have the new firmware. Battery @ about 50% after 1 day of moderate use.

Maybe I'll be bold tonight and put supernames and launch 'em back on..
    Originally posted by wagadesa

The PQA's that I had installed were E-trade, fidelity, ticketmaster, moviefone, UPS, WSJ, Bigcharts.
    Oh, I was using the wierd arcane ones. BaPolitical (contact info for your congressmen Actually worked, just out of date) and one that let you download public domain text files from the gutenberg project.

I had many others that did work. Moviephone, dictionary, etc. I just found that a bunch were 404 errors.
    I see that Handspring now recommends that you empty your backup folder before you do your first HotSync with a new pda. This makes a lot of sense as you may have all sorts of updaters and patches in place which were meant for the older device.

I updated from Deluxe to Treo 180 and had lockups at first. I had updaters and IrLink and the IrEnhance updater on board. None of this had any place on my Treo. So ihard reset and started again with a cleaned out Backup folder and all ran sweetly. I then reinstalled the apps from the copy I made of the backup folder and got the important stuff back. I still have a doubt in my mind about the wisdom of reinstating my Saved Preferences file - this is pretty much your registry. I dont have any serialised software on my treo so I did not have to preserve the owner stamps.

Anyone got ideas on this issue?

PS I use SureWave browser from JPsystems and it works great. Any of the stuff from Palm is likely to patch serial libraries and cause bother.