1.    #1  
    I would like to pose a hypothetical question to y'all........ If Palm were to make a device with the dimensions of the Pixi, the screen of the Pre, and no physical keyboard.............would you but it?
    I don't but anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by btompkins0112 View Post
    I would like to pose a hypothetical question to y'all........ If Palm were to make a device with the dimensions of the Pixi, the screen of the Pre, and no physical keyboard.............would you but it?
    I would consider it when it came time to upgrade.
    Without a physical keyboard I would not buy it. One of the major factors for me when deciding to get a pre was the fact that it had a physical keyboard.
    That's the only Palm I would buy at this point.
    Palm Pilot Personal, Palm III, Palm V, Palm IIIc, Kyocera QCP-6035, Sony Clie N710C , Sony Clie N610, Palm Tungsten T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Treo 680, Palm Treo 750, Centro (Wife's), iPhone, Blackjack, iPhone 3g, back to Blackjack, Centro (Mine), Palm PRE, iPhone 3g (again), iPhone 3gs (wife's), iPhone 4, iPad, iPad 2 (wife's), Pre Plus, HP TouchPad.

Yes, I have a problem...
    Quote Originally Posted by btompkins0112 View Post
    No physical keyboard, no but.
    Needs physical Keyboard!!
    I would not but if no physical keyboard.
    Yes I would. That's exactly what I wish they would make. A pixi, ...but all screen.
    I don't like virtual keyboards so no
    So the question is.. if Palm made an iPhone would you buy it?

no..
    No physical keyboard, no buy. I do prefer the pixi format to a slider format though.

What I really want? A MAN PHONE! Why do the phones have to be so small? I am a man. I wear pants with big pockets. I have big hands and fat fingers. The phone doesn't have to be huge, but just slightly bigger with slightly bigger buttons for my fat fingers. Make a big brother to the Pixi Plus, and call it "The Hoss".
    I would definitely consider it. The virtual keyboard would have to be really good, thougas good or better than the iPhones. I think the phone would need to be a little bigger, though. The virtual keyboard on the Pre isn't very comfortable to use, with the screen size contributing to that.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    I don't think I would buy it without a physical keyboard. I have VK installed but rarely use it.

What I would like to see is a something a little larger. About the size of an iPhone but keep the same basic form factor with the slide down keyboard.
    The real question here is. . .

Will it blend?

Sorry. No clue why the thread title made me think of that.
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    No physical keyboard, no buy. I do prefer the pixi format to a slider format though.

What I really want? A MAN PHONE! Why do the phones have to be so small? I am a man. I wear pants with big pockets. I have big hands and fat fingers. The phone doesn't have to be huge, but just slightly bigger with slightly bigger buttons for my fat fingers. Make a big brother to the Pixi Plus, and call it "The Hoss".
    The problem with the pixi is for games and such. Since many games are landscape. Having that slider on the pre lets it feel natural, instead of like the pixi where you have a keyboard on the right side of you when you are trying to play.

I don't mind virtual keyboards, I prefer physical ones because I am used to it. But if a virtual keyboard was developed that worked as well as the physical one(not the homebrew one, which is alright but ends with me making many many typos) I am okay with a virtual keyboard. Else I want the slider with a physical one. The pre keyboard is not great. At least on the regular pre. The pre plus is said to have a better one. I too have big fingers and find it difficult to type fast on it. I can type moderately fast but not as fast as i would want to or as fast as i could with my old treo 755p.
    No keyboard, no buy. I hate virtual keyboards, big-time, 'cause I (mostly) touch-type. I also very much prefer portrait keyboard, so I also would not buy a landscape kb Pre.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"