View Poll Results: Are you successfully getting to the Internet?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - Cingular

1 2.33%
  • No - Voicestream

1 2.33%
  • Yes - Cingular Data Connect

0 0%
  • Yes - Cingular Wireless Internet

8 18.60%
  • Yes - Voicestream iStream

3 6.98%
  • Yes - Voicestream bucket minutes

30 69.77%
  1.    #1  
    Are you successfully getting to the Internet? How?
    Last edited by arosenbaum; 03/18/2002 at 01:44 PM.
    Originally posted by arosenbaum
    Are you successfully getting to the Internet? How?
    Arosenbaum,

I've never really had a problem with it (except some separate issues figuring out my ISP). After giving it the information I was able to sign on using my VoiceStream minutes.

I should note that after looking around here, I've realized my Treo is one of the "updated" ones (yet still has some bugs), so I don't know if that's a factor in the abilitiy to sign on ... maybe they've fixed some of the problems.

- Khy
    I'm currently connecting via a third-party ISP and my regular Voicestream minutes. I see one person clicked "Voicestream istream." I thought that wasn't available for the Treo until the GPRS software patch. No?
    but I just tested an IRC connection with upIRC, which worked wonderfully. I'm on Voicestream and (hopefully) the connection will come out of my bucket like data calls on my old phone. The signal at my house is weak (not the Treo's fault) and I only have 60 anytime minutes, so I'll probably test a whole lot more this weekend when I'm out and about in better signal areas with 500 minutes to dig into. So far, so good, though (knock on wood, cross fingers, toss salt over shoulder ;-)
    I'm able to connect - sometimes. I have connections configured to my corporate RAS server and to Earthlink. Both work intermittantly. Seems somewhat independent of whether I have a strong signal or not, time of day, etc. Just works fine sometimes, and other times I can try 10 times and not connect. Anyone seeing similar symptoms? I'm on cingular in NC...

The primary issue I have right now is that for either Basejet or Treo mail to work well, I need reliable dialup...

If I'm alone with this symptom, maybe it's time for an exchange...

Paul
    Last edited by Paul Penny; 03/19/2002 at 05:17 PM.
    From day one I have been unable to connect to the internet. My Treo says that it is due to a weak signal strength yet I can talk on the phone for hours (usually with a VS or HS support person) or send e-mail through one touch from the exact same location I am trying to get online with. Furthermore, I can not send SMS to e-mail, only to another VS phone.
    You might need to configure or check the sms message center number or sms email center number. Voicestream is also having problems with sms to email address in the past. Here's a link to some info from handspring customer suppport.

http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...487&ResType=il
    You might need to configure or check the sms message center number or sms email center number. Voicestream is also having problems with sms to email address in the past. Here's a link to some info from handspring customer suppport.

Thanks. Believe me I have been through the above rap so many times I practically have the numbers memorized. I have to repeat it over and over to VS support. "Yes I am sending to 500. Are you sure? Yes, I am sending to 500 and my SMS center number is +1206..... Heck, I am fairly certain that I know how to set up the preferences for the phone better than most of their support personel." I hate being an early adapter.
    Good news - using the "new" cingular configuration - Configure my treo and check the internet for updates - I'm now running almost flawlessly with the MyWirelessWeb connection. Way cool. Way better.

Paul
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    For the past week I've been able to get online through Cingular Wireless Internet to check my Earthlink POP account. Today I haven't been able to connect to any Earthlink dialup access #. SMS messaging still works ok.
    Accessing the internet with VS and ATT global account (had to download an additional dialer app) worked perfectly first try and has ever since. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it keeps up
    Originally posted by wshwe
    For the past week I've been able to get online through Cingular Wireless Internet to check my Earthlink POP account. Today I haven't been able to connect to any Earthlink dialup access #. SMS messaging still works ok.
    This happened to me after the first two days use with VoiceStream and UUNet. I wasn't able to connect for 2 days, then I went to Preferences / Network and changed my Connection from -Current- to Wireless Modem and viola, it worked.

HTH
    Nothing is impossible, just mathematically improbable.

-Entrapment(Sean Connery)