Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by RedAlienM

Does that mean I might have gotten a refurb too?

I have a replacement on the way and asked specifically if it was a refurb and was told that HS has no refurbs and that all replacements are new.

Rod
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
    Both my original and my replacement Treo have a weird wear thing on the spacebar. I think it's just a manufacturing thing.
    Originally posted by dulinor
    Both my original and my replacement Treo have a weird wear thing on the spacebar. I think it's just a manufacturing thing.
    Mine came ok but little by little the space bar mark started tp appear. So I checked it out and I think there is a desing issue (no that big) that when you close the phone the inside round edge touches the space bar.
    If I press the cover it pushes the space bar but not enough to turn on the pda but I read that some users had the problem with a space bar is more sentitive that a simple press turns on the pda because of that.
    Originally posted by dulinor
    Mine came ok but little by little the space bar mark started tp appear. So I checked it out and I think there is a desing issue (no that big) that when you close the phone the inside round edge touches the space bar.
    If I press the cover it pushes the space bar but not enough to turn on the pda but I read that some users had the problem with a space bar is more sensitive that a simple press turns on the pda because of that.
    My spacebar is also starting to show wear already (a long horizontal "shiny" sort of mark that doesn't "rub/wipe off"). All other keys seem fine.

Originally posted by pic_micro

If I press the cover it pushes the space bar but not enough to turn on the pda but I read that some users had the problem with a space bar is more sensitive that a simple press turns on the pda because of that.
    Very interesting!!! I have the same line appearing on my space bar. It must be a design issue.
    Originally posted by yardie
    GSM phones that are out of range will suck power like there is no tommorow..unless they have some kind of hibernation mode. Replacing your phone will not change this. Standby time refers to the time that the phone is in range but you are not using the wireless service.
    This is absolutely true, as I discovered when one of my 3rd
    party apps (dunno which yet) whacked the network search
    function on my Treo first weekend I had it, causing it to
    search constantly and fruitlessly.
    It was DED (no juice, no data, hard reset) in about 8 hours.

Moral- be slow & careful about those 3rd party handies-
    they might bite ya.

The process of finding signal requires any cell phone to actively
    seek, pushing out inquiries and listening for replies. I had
    similar experiences with my CDMA phone before I got Visored.

-G
    Originally posted by pic_micro
    ... I read that some users had the problem with a space bar is more sensitive that a simple press turns on the pda because of that.
    WIERD!

No matter how hard I squeeze the closed lid, the Treo doesn't turn on - that's good. What's wierd is that if I open the lid to turn it on, leave the lid open, turn it off with the power button (next to the antenna) no key under the lid, spacebar or otherwise, turns the Treo on.

It kind of feels like the "is the light on when the fridge is closed" issue
    Jeff
    I received a replacement Treo today...

My original was experiencing some issues with intermittent loud buzzing during phone conversations as well as some minor complaints.

It is interesting to notice that not only is the Carrier Extension etc upgraded versions...

There is a new Network Preference by default.

Wireless Internet.

No phone number.

Could this be the GPRS upgrade?
    Obscure, can you take a look into how fast you connect to the network, dialup speeds, and battery life for the new model and let us know if you see any differences?
    I'm a fool.

I just hotsynced to get my data on to the new Treo, and it deleted the 'Wireless Internet' entry before I could look at it closely.

I'm so p#@$@ off.

I do recall the conection being -current-, and the phonenumber being something like 'wireless connection'.

Doh.

Anyone else receiving a new unit, please post these settings before hotsyncing, I'm really curious now.
    Originally posted by Obscure411
    I'm a fool.

I just hotsynced to get my data on to the new Treo, and it deleted the 'Wireless Internet' entry before I could look at it closely.

I'm so p#@$@ off.

I do recall the conection being -current-, and the phonenumber being something like 'wireless connection'.

Doh.

Anyone else receiving a new unit, please post these settings before hotsyncing, I'm really curious now.
    If you do a hard reset It will restore the factory values and I'm sure the 'Wireless Internet' will be there.
    Yep, I feel like a bigger *****

Realized that right before I read that post when I did a hard reset

Oh well, wishful thinking...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12