Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Can't find any reason for it... low was 8.90... I took the opportunity to pick up some more May 9 calls today.
    It's at 8.47 now. Thank goodness I didn't buy any at $10. I might wait a little bit more any see how far this thing dips before I invest.
  3.    #23  
    picked up some more jan 2012 calls at varying strikes... I'll chase this thing down to 7 before I stop adding to my position... lol
    is now a good time to invest, should we anticipate a jump anytime soon?
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    OUCH!

Looks like my shares of Palm are mimicking my house value. (underwater)

First things first, Palm still has in my opinion a solid user interface in WebOS so I do believe there is some value in the company.

Sales are not growing as fast but at least they are growing. WebOS will become available on all carriers eventually so that can only help increase exposure and hopefully sales.

Now to address the hurdles they face. Palm does not have deep pockets and is limited in marketing their products. They cannot afford any mistakes which will make it very difficult. They are rolling out steady updates to WebOS but so are the other operating systems.

WebOS is still the slowest/laggiest compared to the others and they must address this.

I sure hope PALM will layout what their plans are for the coming months, this is getting out right scary
  6.    #26  
    Man... this sucks. I'm taking on some pretty significant losses on this. I'm still holding at these levels but I'm done putting more money in. I still think they can turn this around. They just need better marketing to push these phones. I already started seeing that (In new york at least) so hopefully its not to late. We need new devices (C40?), new carriers (SFR, ATT), and better marketing. All this seems to be already in the mix... lets hope for the best. Palm was a $9 stock before the rumors of a device on VZW... the market is being overly punitive in my opinion.
    Stock up slightly.
    The positive case for this could be:
    Phone was only out on Verizon for a month. Market has reacted strongly negatively, suggesting bad news may be already priced into the stock.
    Palm (and Verizon) have already put advertising and training measures in place to ramp up sales. Too early to tell but could be slow improvement. If the latter is true, when everyone heads for the exits, that could be a good time for a risk hardy investor to be the one person who does the opposite.

Rate your Verizon store http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...zon-store.html thread doesn't look too shabby although only a few entrants to date.
    Last edited by bluenote; 03/02/2010 at 11:15 AM.
    I own a Pre, it's a great phone. Simply put, WebOS is the best mobile OS on the market today. I started to research Palm's financials but the reality is this: the company is not leveraging their resources wisely. They don't recognize the reality of their situation and don't see where things are going or how to get there.

The market has been hyped up by Apple, Android, and now Win7. For webOS to get attention/sales, it will need marketing, mindshare (store space) and presence. Among the many things that need to happen, Palm needs more devices and they need to be on more carriers. They've let one of their most valuable brand names, Treo, die in this modern environment. That doesn't make sense. But more importantly than that, they miss the big picture on where things are going. The choices they're making seem unbelievable.

And that, above all else, is why I would not invest.

For some detailed thoughts on the issue check out "The Path Forward for Palm' in the Future Devices section here, and see posts #1 and #11. I'd link to it but don't have a high enough post count.
    Last edited by tekknikal; 03/06/2010 at 09:27 AM.
    Take a look at this video, he speaks about Palm and says not to sell the stock at this price and it would be a big mistake at 4:41 in the video.
    News Headlines
    kudos to the OP, very interesting read so far. I for one am surprised by how far the stock has declined over the past 2 weeks. Although I am hopeful that VZW will start selling more units than is forecasted. It was my opinion 6 months ago that Microsoft should have bought out palm after their WM 6.5 disaster. Since almost any phone running anything 6.5 or below cannot be upgraded to windows 7 (or whatever they're calling it) I think it would have been a good move. It would have given them a fresh OS (the best in the industry IMHO) and a hardware company as well (which they seem to want to enter) in one transaction. Ohh well let M$ spend billions on trying to catch up. It seems they could have had palm on the cheap now with their stock well below $6. The pre is my 2nd smartphone (had the droid eris) and it by far superior. I really like palm and do not want them to become irrelevant.
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    What do you think we will get out of the Q3 2010 results on Thursday?
    Probably more dismal financial sales, I've seen predictions of over $.40 lost per share, I recently bought some palm with the hope of waiting until the AT&T and elan announcement and even that seems like an optimistic outlook.
  13. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    What do we think the price will be at the close of the market today?

$4.20?
    Morgan Joseph just downgraded Palm stock to zero. The price set is $0

What a comedy of errors this has been.
    Sorry here is a link. Good luck to Palm.

http://www.streetinsider.com/Downgrades/Morgan+Joseph+Cuts+Palm+to+Sell+and+Sets+$0+Price+Target+(PALM)/5453363.html
    They're just downgrading it because they want to buy the stock, what's with all this sell low buy high stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    They're just downgrading it because they want to buy the stock, what's with all this sell low buy high stuff.
    I was wondering the same thing lol.
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
  18. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post

The smart money got out of palm months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    The smart money got out of palm months ago.
    I dumped my stock at ~8.50.

I am debating buying some again now. I smell a buyout coming.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    You suppose to buy stock when it's cheep. That's how you become rich.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast