Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I tried it out today, and it seems way faster than onetouch pop3, i think they are using compression which is great for this type of app.

Did it seem fast to anyone else? It downloaded 9 messages in 59 seconds, and I think that includes dialing up. One touch does about the same for 9 headers.

-greenail
    I agree, it feels faster than one touch mail.

BTW, why is everyone assuming that HS will release a different application for GPRS? For all we know, they could intend to use this same program but simply have it check more frequently using GPRS. Does anyone know differently?

What I noticed is that it will only work using the wireless modem. I couldn't get it to work using Mocha PPP.
    Originally posted by Trey
    dietrichbohn, How do you get Yahoo to send SMS notification? Thanks!
    Here's one way:

Go to Yahoo Mail, click options, click "POP Access & Forwarding", select Forwarding, and enter your SMS email address which is probably something like xxxxxxxxxx@voicestream.net
    Jeff
    Originally posted by Trey
    dietrichbohn, How do you get Yahoo to send SMS notification? Thanks!
    Ach, let this one slip by.

go to Yahoo Mobile ( http://mobile.yahoo.com ), and add a device. Then head over to mail and set up a filter, on which you can check "send to my wireless device.' You can set this filter to ignore certain messages, which is very nice.
    Other than Treomail, are there any other POP mail applications for the Treo that can run on a schedule?

-kO
    ---
    keepOnkeepingOn
    is anyone getting a "Fatal alert: data mgr..index out of range" error when they delete messages from treo mail? all of a sudden, this is happening to me

what would be the best troubleshooting remedy?

-kO
    ---
    keepOnkeepingOn
    Originally posted by keepOnkeepinOn
    is anyone getting a "Fatal alert: data mgr..index out of range" error when they delete messages from treo mail? all of a sudden, this is happening to me

-kO
    I don't have a Treo, but from looking at the error and knowing how you got it, I would say it's definitely a bug. You should report this to Vista if you get a chance. It looks like the data structure that they are using to store the messages is possibly an array. It looks like when you delete a message, the program component (data mgr) doesn't account for this by decrementing the array counter. So the next time it tries to refresh the list of messages on screen, the for-loop loops one too many times and tries to reference an array element that no longer exists. There's probably nothing you can do on your side to fix this problem.
    Other than Treomail, are there any other POP mail applications for the Treo that can run on a schedule?

-kO
    Yes, Aileron can.

-kO
    I started getting this over the weekend - and I reported it on the Treo Mail feedback site. The only way I found to get rid of it was to delete the entire message database using Filez.

Jennifer
    i used filez to remove all of the files associated with treomail and then reinstalled. no more problems. for the future, what is the msg file (so i dont have to remove all)

thanks

-kO
    ---
    keepOnkeepingOn
    The file on my Treo was so big that there was no doubt (I had over 600 messages when this started happening - does anybody else think that "Select All" is a necessity?). I think it was MailLibDatabaseB8C.

By the way, I accumulate so many messages because I use the Internet version, so there is no synchronization. Messages I read on the desktop still have to be manually deleted on the handheld.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    On the TreoMail website it states that SMS notification does not work with VoiceStream. For us POP users, the program is now 100% useless.
    oh, they're finally admitting that SMS notification isn't working with voicestream now? well, that's progress of a sort, but in the wrong direction. here's hoping they fix this for the final release. otherwise, they're certainly not getting my money.

Originally posted by josendo
    On the TreoMail website it states that SMS notification does not work with VoiceStream. For us POP users, the program is now 100% useless.
    Has anybody tried the automatic mode? Using both Treo Mail and Aileron, I'm not having any success at automatically downloading messages on a schedule. It dials up my ISP but hangs at "Signing on" until I touch a button or open the flip cover - and then it proceeds. It's won't get past "Signing on" if it's just sitting there with the cover closed. Is anybody else seeing this, or is it something with my configuration?
    Automatic mode - once per hour 8AM-5PM - worked fine for me for the week or so that I tried it.

The only thing that didn't work "as advertised" was the lack of SMS notifications - I'm on cingular in NC.

Paul
    I may be wrong but I don't think Yahoo let's you have your cake and eat it too.

EITHER you can get your Yahoo mail on the Treo (TreoMail or One Touch) or Yahoo website or Outlook Express POP3 OR have it forwarded to the **********@voicemail.net.
    If it's forwarded with just a header, with the idea that it's notification of an email "awaiting", it isn't there "awaiting" for you either on the web direct, via POP3 on Outlook Express or TreoMail or One Touch.

Buried somewhere in the multiple help screens, it actually says this although I found it after messing with the process for too long a time for a grownup.

Someone please tell me I am wrong and there really is a way. Without SMS, essentially worthless.
    With Yahoo, you're right - you can either forward your e-mail or have it available on Yahoo's server, but not both. What you can do is set up the Treo as a mobile device and send a notification to the Treo when you have new e-mail, then use OneTouch or any e-mail client you want to retrieve the message (at least, until the free service ends on April 28).

Jennifer
    Jennifer,

I up and decided that it made sense for me to pay Yahoo for the POP3/forwarding service., assuming that somehow, I'd figure out how to do what you describe.

After the too much time spent running in the ever decreasing concentric circles I've described, all seemed pretty much in vain, since it didn't seem to work. More good money after bad....again.

Now you've caused hope to spring up.

1. If you would please tell me how I do what you are describing, I would be greatly appreciative. If you are willing to tackle this, try and remember that you are writing to a 60+ year old English Lit major who requires ***** proof directions. I will completely understand if I never hear from you again.

If your still reading this, hooray!

So.....

2. Finally, because I ponied up for their fee, will it keep working after the April 28th date? I accept the caveat that the rules they keep achanging.

Many thanks in advance.
    In Yahoo Mail, go to Options/Filters. Click on Edit/Add New Device and add your phone. Then go back to Filters and make a filter. I think that if you want to forward everything, you leave all the conditions blank, set "Deliver Message to" Inbox, and check the box that says "Forward to my wireless device." Click "Save," and it should now work.

If you don't already have the POP3 service set up, let me know.

And yes, this _should_ all keep working after April 28, as long as you've paid.
    Jennifer S

Thanks very much for your reply.

1. If, in addition to your instructions, I place in "If To/CC contains"
    [my yahoo email address], when an e-mail comes to that email address, I get an SMS notice on my Treo. If I leave out that step, the ENTIRE email is sent and the message is automatically deleted from my Yahoo mailbox.

2. I have the POP3 service set up in my Treo but not yet in my Outlook Express. That's next.

3. In the setup for mobile devices, it asks for "message Limit"; 10,15,20, unlimited. I set it at 10. Do you know what this refers to? Number of emails? Number of SMS alerts? Someother combination?

Thanks again for your very kind and extremely useful advice. It's is much appreciated.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast