Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Ok, I wasn't looking for it, but I was at Wal-Mart the other day in the flashlight section and I noticed that Nite Ize (a company which makes holders for Mag-Lights) had a GPS case that looked intriguing. I got permission to open one and spent several minutes making a decision. For $15 I ended up with a rugged case that accomodates the antenna, holds my treo snugly and sits upright when on a table. It's a little bigger than I would have chosen, but I really like it.
    Here's the site: http://www.niteize.com/gps.html

They also sell PDA cases, but I didn't see them at Wal-Mart and they don't seem to accomodate the antenna.
    --Pruitt

IBM Workpad-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Platinum-->Treo 180-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Centro
    Read your post and went down to the local Wal-Mart. They did not have any hanging on the rack so I asked the salesman in Sporting goods behind the counter with the GPSs if he had the Nite Ize GPS case. He looked behind the counter and found one for me.

Not only does it fit my Treo 600 well, it protects far better than any other cover I've tried. The hard back protects the screen and the rubber corners protect it from drops onto the sidewalk. Not to mention all the extra pockets for my earphones, sd card and a pen. There was room for a AAA flashlight but with a screen this bright, who needs one. I like the belt loop snap because it makes it easy to put on yet keeps it secure.

Showed it to some of my friends at work who have the Samsung palm and the Ericsson P800. Their phones fit so well they decided to buy.

Never would have thought a GPS case would make the perfect phone case. Thanks for sharing such a great find!
    Texas

"Science will stagnate if it is made to serve practical goals." --Albert Einstein.
    Amazon has it for $9