1.    #1  
    I often use my Prism + VisorPhone to take notes or jot down to do items in meetings. Its easy to set it on the table and write in it now and again. How practical is that to do with the Treo? It seems like the flip cover would get in the way and I wonder about it rocking from side to side. Any Treo users have an opinion?
    First, the flip cover doesn't get in the way. It is up and completely out of the way.

Second, I just tested my Treo (with keyboard) on my desk. While it moves a bit when I push buttons, it doesn't rock or become manageable. I can type while it is sitting on the desk, or hold it with both hands and type with my thumbs. The good thing about the treo is that I can already type much faster than I could grafitti, and I did pretty well with grafitti.

The only downside, the Treo is a grey-scale device, and is harder to see than my old Prism.
    I took a lot of notes at a Missionary Conference and found it easy and fast. There was a Power Point presentation with the lights out and I just used the on-screen keyboard with the back light... SWEET!

Rod
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
  4.    #4  
    Well this sounds all good. Now if only the color one would come out, I could make my decision!
    Veloslave, when you said you used the on-screen keyboard, did you just mean Jot (or an equivalent program)? Or is there an on-screen keyboard option?
    Yup - the Treo 180 has the onscreen keyboard feature you would find on a Visor with graffiti. I presume it is there to allow for nighttime use or for getting to extended characters if you would rather not use the ... key on the physical keyboard.

MetaD
    Originally posted by meta_dave
    Yup - the Treo 180 has the onscreen keyboard feature you would find on a Visor with graffiti. I presume it is there to allow for nighttime use or for getting to extended characters if you would rather not use the ... key on the physical keyboard.

MetaD
    Has anyone here tried FITALY (on-screen keyboard replacement) on a Treo?
    Jeff
    Sorry for the ignorance, but unfortunately I've never had or seen a Visor, so I don't know quite what you mean. How do I access the on-screen keyboard? I have the 180 and have downloaded Jot. Do I need a different program? Thanks.
    When you are in Memo pad or orther programs,

app key - edit - keyboard

Rod
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
    Thanks! Definitely a useful function.