1.    #1  
    I've discovered a little glitch with Blazer that I hope someone can help me with.

I have enjoyed using Psion's 56K infrared modem, in the past witth my Ipaq and now with my Treo. It works great, runs on batteries or AC adapter. Wonderful to use in motel rooms when traveling. I just get the local number for my ISP (BellSouth) and save my minutes for when I'm away from my room.

Here's my problem though. I've assigned a Connection I call "Psion". In my Network preferences I can select it and check my e-mail and synch my Avantgo content with no problems. However if I try to go to a web page in Blazer, it disconnects the Psion and turns on the GSM radio and then tries to connect that way! When I check Network preferences from within Blazer it says "Psion" but still wants to dial out on the wireless modem. Any thoughts or suggestions? How about it trouble shooters? Of course I guess it would be helpful if you had the Psion modem.

Thanks
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
    I don't have a Treo so I'm not exactly sure how it works but in your Network Preferences, is there a connection profile for the GSM radio (just like you have one for your Psion modem)? If so, you may wish to substitute the settings for the Psion modem into the one for the GSM radio and see if that will works cuz it sounds like Blazer automatically defaults to the GSM radio no matter what connection is selected. Of course, assuming this does work (which it probably won't), you will have to re-enter the GSM radio settings once you are done using the Psion modem, which will be a pain. Alternatively, you could install a different bowser and it will liklely use the Psion modem when you select the Psion modem or you could see if you can install another copy of blazer. The one that comes with the Treo might be a little different than the one that comes with the Visorphone causing it to only use the GSM radio.

Marty
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Marty... that's what I've begun to think... that the Blazer browser that's part of the Treo's ROM is set to only use the wireless modem (GSM) I'll call support to determine if that's the case. That would be too bad and kind of tacky if you ask me for it to be that way. What other browser might you reccomend? Then there's always the new Palm browser that's been announced.
    www.riverontheweb.com

4.    #4  
    Thanks Marty... that's what I've begun to think... that the Blazer browser that's part of the Treo's ROM is set to only use the wireless modem (GSM) I'll call support to determine if that's the case. That would be too bad and kind of tacky if you ask me for it to be that way. What other browser might you reccomend? Then there's always the new Palm browser that's been announced.
    www.riverontheweb.com