Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    CNET says a lot of things. They aren't correct about everything.
    I can't see it. Even if the ship is sinking they have too much cash on had to be gone by the end of the year.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    CNET has an informed opinion on the matter, but nothing more.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    Last edited by feahr; 12/30/2009 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Clicked wrong link
    only one of their predictions came true in 2009
    and i say PREdiction FAIL (bad pun intended
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    I predict cnet will catch a deadly virus before Palm dies.
    I still see them as being bought out eventually.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    That sounds like someone's editor told them, "Make sure you include something outrageous to generate some clicks!"
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    These articles generate a lot of web traffic and ad revenues. That's probably not their primary intent; but those are the customary results. So... I'm not even going to open up the article. Unless they're bringing to light some fresh facts, it's just web talk or opinion that negatively affects another company. I'm not going to reward them for that.
    I kinda wish they would be bought by someone would deep pockets but allowed to continue to operate independently. Just give them the resources to get more done faster and at the same time, quiet some of the noise about their impending doom that's been floating around for years.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpre View Post
    I predict cnet will catch a deadly virus before Palm dies.
    I concur you heard it here first folks cnet to catch a virus and die before palm does.
    I can't see the video (no access at work & my Pre doesn't have Flash...yet), but if this is the BOL prediction show, take note that they probably got maybe 20-30% of last years predictions.

The 1st half of 2010 will give us clear indication of who's wrong or right. I'm beting on Palm to overtake RIM's share of the market (casual users, not enterprise).
    people actually read or care what cnet has to say? Well I don't, and don't even use them for downloads. ''cnet virus free checked'' what a joke! Avg, malware, and others constantly find viruses in their ''trusted'' downloads. Sorry but I do not like them and tell people to not download anything from them. I hear all the time from people ''but I got it from cnet and it said virus free!''

but they do give me extra cash fixing pcs lol
    Palm prē-ist.
    A satirical and self-deprecating short that includes predictions for 3d TV in every living room is hardly a barometer by which Palm's financial future should be analyzed.

It was a mildly entertaining blurb to put it nice, nothing more.
    The Pre and Pixi Plus(one with wifi) are going to Verizon. Maybe things will pick up dramatically.

Palm Pre and Pixi "Plus" Coming to Verizon, and Soon - Verizon - Gizmodo

Although it says "rumor" in the Giz article, Engadget found a possible FCC approved Verizon Pre.

Palm smartphone pops up in WiFi certification database: is this Verizon's Pre? -- Engadget
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Let's see what happens after CES
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    Guys... His predictions are all either obvious or half-********. I'm not too worried about his opinions.
    They acknowledge their horrible past track record before making a single prediction for those who haven't bothered to watch the video.

But I wouldn't make such a prediction until at least one more quarter of sales results, preferably two. Based on the data we have now, no....Palm couldn't sustain itself. But there are many future variables including a new actual high-end WebOS handset, Verizon launches, and other factors that could change things.
    Well, if you believe the article, you should short Palm stock, and quickly.

I don't believe it, so will keep my Pre.

Guess who gets hurt worse if they're wrong?
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    CNET should be renamed Iphone Central.
    So many of them are iphone *****s.

I do like some of the people on there who show how to do tricks on Windows like that guy who shows Windows 7 tricks and tips.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast