Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    CNet is about as reliable as a high school newspaper. Experts at rehashing news from days or weeks ago and journalism based on nothing but truthiness.

Basically not a source for relaible new information or for that matter decent product or service reviews.

If I want a view on Palm in 2010 I'll go to the WSJ or Bloomberg.
    This just in...news of Palm's death could come as early as today.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Who knew Cnet was even around still?
    Tech companies buy, sell and merge with one another constantly. No reason why it couldn't happen with Palm. The real question is: so what?
    He made a wild guess so that he looks like a genius if he's right, and can just shrug his shoulders if he's wrong, as he tends to be with his wild guesses. It's a no-lose situation for him.
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    This guy is an *****. He sucked with last year's predictions and this one will even be more far off.

CNET = Apple's puppet.
    Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    BAHAHAHA, His #1 prediction is Apple tablet? Really? Wow... He must be very well-connected to come out with such underground information.

My #1 prediction: Android will release at least one phone in 2010.
    I agree about the CNET iphone thing. I started listening to their podcasts and my god any time another phone comes up that is not an iphone they become so ignorant. I've since stopped subscribing and downloading their podcasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I still see them as being bought out eventually.
    I see that as a possibility.

I don't see WebOS dying by any means.
    Just call me Berd.
    Good to hear that he actually did his research this year. His prediction is based off of current sales of Palm devices but absolutely no talk about current plans to open up palm devices to multiple carriers. My opinion is that Palm will gain market share in 2010 with more options for consumers to purchase palm devices on multiple carriers. Palm might fall short of their quarterly earnings in 2010 but not to the levels of the company completely going under. Palm would be bought out or merged at worst. WebOS is just to promising.
    There are quite a few CNET personalities that I love - Tom Merrick is not one of them. If that's even how to spell his name.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    2010 will be all about the cloud, but the one mobile OS that's actually built around the cloud is gonna die. Hmm..
    People are always saying outlandish crap about companies. Look, every few years people would say Apple was going under. They were wrong.

Same thing with Palm. Yes, they have financial problems, but what company doesn't? They are branching out, and will probably do what they did with the Treos; they will offer similar phones on all carriers. It's win-win.

Who knows, if they play their cards right, they could end up being a serious competitor again. They have to listen to their customer bases, though. They have a potential winner with Web OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I see that as a possibility.

I don't see WebOS dying by any means.
    However if they do the Verizon launch correctly, perhaps they won't get bought out, at least not in 2010. Verizon has way more customers to harvest than Sprint. Plus Verizon apparently knows how to advertise, looking at the Droid campaign. If they do a proper Pre campaign, especially since it seems a 2nd version is coming, they might be all set!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    There are quite a few CNET personalities that I love - Tom Merrick is not one of them. If that's even how to spell his name.
    I find his BOL podcast entertaining. They just had their wrap-up show for the year and their predictions from the beginning of the year were really bad. 25% rightish is being generous. They were making fun of themselves for how bad they were at making predictions, so they don't take them seriously, they just are doing a show and have to make something up just to do/entertain. Any forecast of theirs of Palm dying is just random and rampant speculation at best. There is no insider info or real analysis. Don't worry about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    However if they do the Verizon launch correctly, perhaps they won't get bought out, at least not in 2010. Verizon has way more customers to harvest than Sprint. Plus Verizon apparently knows how to advertise, looking at the Droid campaign. If they do a proper Pre campaign, especially since it seems a 2nd version is coming, they might be all set!
    IDK about the super verizon support and ads...to be honest I think palm was begging them to sport the Pre vs Verizon begging to get it.......Why would I say that? Well there are no VZ apps according to the rumors....Why would that be? Was it really Palms Idea to have a "Pre Plus"? (Ruby sure didnt seem to think a large stable of devices was important a week ago or so) or did Big Red insist on a revision due to Sprints Pre numbers?

I could be totally off base.....In fact I hope I am and that Big Red is gonna throw some weight into the Pre, I think it will do okay on its own against android and BB anyways....But i don't think its got Big Reds attention like the droid and upcoming Iphone does.....(btw thats just fine with me! I love my Pre)
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 12/31/2009 at 12:41 AM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    people have said Palm Will Die for YEARS. not happened. dont think it will happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    people have said Palm Will Die for YEARS. not happened. dont think it will happen.
    They will eventually die. And then Reanimate. And then attempt to eat the brains at Apple.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    They must be reading this forum too much
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast