Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Is it possible on the Treo to with the one touch mail program to get just the headers and if interested download the full email to avoid wasting time reading the junk?
    Yes is the answer and I think it works great.

Good luck
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
    I'm a big fan of a program called PaPiMail that I use on my Vx and Motorola Timeport. It serves as a conduit of sorts that contacts my POP server to get headers and the first few words of the message. I can then decide to Get and/or Delete a message without ever downloading the whole thing. Often times I delete SPAM right off the server. Sometimes I'll Get (download) and Delete messages I know I won't need to keep (like mailing list messages), and sometimes I'll just Get messages I want to read, but think I might want to keep. When I get home, all the messages that haven't been deleted are downloaded to my desktop when I check my mail with my normal reader (Eudora). This works great for me on my Vx, but I'm wondering how the e-mail program on the Treo works. I assume (***-u-me ;-) it still syncs with the desktop like the other mail apps, but that it has its own way to download pop mail. If it uses the standard mail database, then I'll still be able to use PaPiMail. But, if it's a whole separate, new e-mail app, then PaPiMail might not work. :\
    Originally posted by josendo
    Is it possible on the Treo to with the one touch mail program to get just the headers and if interested download the full email to avoid wasting time reading the junk?
    OneTouch email does this great!
    Jeff