1.    #1  
    I'm new at this PDA Stuff. The reason I never bought a PDA before is I refused to carry a cell phone and a PDA at the same time.

So now I have my first PDA/Organizer ever a Treo that arrived last Thursday. All set up on VS and enjoying tremendously except for the SMS problem everyone in experiencing but I'm sure VS will get their network problem solved soon.

Anyways, I noticed in hotsynching that my personal MS Outlook folders were not coming over from MS Outlook into my Treo.

I called HS tech support who informed me I needed to "upgrade" some software in my Treo called Pocket Mirror standard to

Pocket Mirror Professional.

at chapura.com

I did this, paid the $25 for the upgrade, installed the software and sure enough...

Now my contact folders come over to the Treo with no problem.

So -- just thought I'd post this in case anyone else was experiencing this problem.

Rgds,
    Jeff
    You need to set it up for outlook when initialy setting up the phone.

HS owes you $25.00 It was in all the documentation that it would work with Outlook. You obviously talked with a level one tech support person which in my experience so far is pretty useless.

Start complaining or chalk it up...

Good luck,

Rod
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
    Originally posted by Veloslave
    You need to set it up for outlook when initialy setting up the phone.

HS owes you $25.00 It was in all the documentation that it would work with Outlook. You obviously talked with a level one tech support person which in my experience so far is pretty useless.

Start complaining or chalk it up...

Good luck,

Rod
    I think you misunderstood. Or one of us did. The way I read the original post, he wanted to sync multiple Outlook folders to his Treo. To do that, you definitely need PMPro. The fact that he upgraded to PMPro suggests to me that he knew he already had PM.

Anyway, I paid for the upgrade too and I couldn't be happier. I got it so my wife and I could both sync to the same Outlook profile at home without mixing up our work stuff. There were several other features that I didn't realize PMPro offered. One of them is that you can specify that alarms stay on the handheld. This is a nifty feature for me.
    Mike
    I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than rightside up at my desk.
  4.    #4  
    Mike,

You are correct.

HS advised me I needed PMPro because I only had Standard. Got the upgrade and like you

Couldn't be happier.

All my folders are coming over to the Treo just like the should be!!!!

Where do I find this other feature that PMPro does ?

Thanks !
    Jeff - PHX
    Originally posted by B747400
    Where do I find this other feature that PMPro does ?
    Go to PocketMirror Settings, select your user name, then select calendar. A window will pop up that says, "Preference Settings for Outlook Calendar (<username>)". Down the left side are the different 'Topics'. The last one is 'Transfer Alarms'. Select that and it will give you your options.

Another cool thing with PMPro that I discovered is that you can specify your conflict resolution settings: Duplicate records (default), Handheld wins, or Outlook wins.
    Mike
    Yup! It's true PM Standard edition only synchronizes the four folders from Outlook: Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Notes. If you have any sub-folders or other folders such as Archives, you are better off to upgrade to PM Pro. If you really want to get fancy, I hear IntelliSync will allow field level mapping between your handhelds built-in databases and a slew of PIMs like Notes, Outlook and ACT!

And on a related rant... why does PocketMirror do such a bad job of transferring email addresses from Exchange servers?
    Originally posted by meta_dave
    And on a related rant... why does PocketMirror do such a bad job of transferring email addresses from Exchange servers?
    In PMPro (not sure about standard) in 'Preference settings for Outlook Contacts', select the 'E-mail Translation' topic and check the box that says, 'Use the full email address....'
    Mike
    Sounds like I owe YOU $25.00

Whoops!
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7