1.    #1  
    A very bad news :
    half of the smartphone sold in France are Iphone.
    And 8% of the iphone sold since June 2007 in the world are in France , 8% of 33,7 millions of iPhone.

And Palm Pre is still not available in France. I hope that the 7th January 2010, at CES, Palm Inc will announce something about the availibilty of Palm Pre in France.
    It is enough to be taunt by co-workers with their Iphone.
    I have a Palm TX and I hope I will switch to Palm Pre when it will be available in France.

Articles on the iPhone and smartphone market in France in one of the 2 main daily newspaper in France.

L'iPhone, le smartphone prprpr$f$$r$ $des$ $Fran$$ais$
    www .lefigaro.fr%2Fsciences-technologies%2F2009%2F12%2F26%2F01030-20091226ARTFIG00363-l-iphone-le-smartphone-prefere-des-francais-.php

or with google translation
    The iPhone, the favorite smartphone in France

translate.google.fr/translate?jsjsjs=$y$&$amp$;$prev$=$_t$&$amp$;$hl$=$fr$&$amp$;$ie$=$UTF$-$8$&$amp$;$layout$=$1$&$amp$;$eotf$=$1$&$amp$;$u$=$www$ .$lefigaro$.$fr$%$2Fsciences$-$technologies$%$2F2009$%$2F12$%$2F26$%$2F01030$-$20091226ARTFIG00363$-$l$-$iphone$-$le$-$smartphone$-$prefere$-$des$-$francais$-.$php$%$3Fmode$%$3Dimprimer$&$amp$;$sl$=$fr$&$amp$;$tl$=$en$]$Google$ $Traduire$

La France, un cas d'cole pour Apple
    www .lefigaro.fr%2Fsciences-technologies%2F2009%2F12%2F29%2F01030-20091229ARTFIG00016-la-france-un-cas-d-ecole-pour-apple-.php

or with google translation
    France, a text book case for Apple

translate.google.fr/translate?jsjsjs=$y$&$amp$;$prev$=$_t$&$amp$;$hl$=$fr$&$amp$;$ie$=$UTF$-$8$&$amp$;$layout$=$1$&$amp$;$eotf$=$1$&$amp$;$u$=$www$ .$lefigaro$.$fr$%$2Fsciences$-$technologies$%$2F2009$%$2F12$%$2F29$%$2F01030$-$20091229ARTFIG00016$-$la$-$france$-$un$-$cas$-$d$-$ecole$-$pour$-$apple$-.$php$%$3Fmode$%$3Dimprimer$&$amp$;$sl$=$fr$&$amp$;$tl$=$en$]$Google$ $Traduire$

Remove the space before figaro.fr in the URLs
    Last edited by yannick56; 12/29/2009 at 07:12 AM. Reason: add more url
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    I have a Treo 600 and am in Lyon. I'm also waiting...waiting...waiting. Have you see this comment? The editor at that site is convinced (or at least his source is) that something concrete is brewing for France: Le Palm Pre 3 annoncé au CES le 7 janvier ?

I just spent an intensive week with a Motorola Milestone/Droid bought off rueducommerce (now 60 EUR cheaper since last week's price! cheaper even from ldlc.ch, but only from the Swiss site, not French) and I liked it...a lot. Strangely enough, I know the Pre better now (after being a frequent visitor on this site since the LAST CES and through the SDK's emulator) and I am still holding out for Palm. My parents-in-law wanted something other than the iPhone, and asked me (I'm an IT guy) to configure it. I had lots of fun with the apps, but getting right down to the basics like PIM and a HandyShopper replacement...it was hell.

Crossing my fingers for tonight!!! I didn't want to risk buying an imported model due to the oft-reported quality issues...

More countries means not only more users, but MORE DEVELOPERS. Some of the success from homebrew came from programmers who only had the SDK and didn't live in the US.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Sfr!!!! Yes!!!!!!!!! (oui!!!!!!!!!)
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    More countries means not only more users, but MORE DEVELOPERS. Some of the success from homebrew came from programmers who only had the SDK and didn't live in the US.
    Yes.

And minor changes, for me too, it is my case (translator) :
    Some of the success from homebrew came from TRANSLATORS who only had the SDK and didn't live in the US.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Sfr!!!! Yes!!!!!!!!! (oui!!!!!!!!!)
    Yes !
    I need again to wait several months to buy too my Palm Pre Plus at SFR.
    I need to switch from Bouygues Telecom to SFR.
    Several months to prepare translated webOS applications in french and french preware documentation.
    Bullets for Palm Pre D-Day in France.
    We need french webOS apps to promote Palm Pre versus Android and Iphone smartphones.
    Then maybe it's worth to wait until the pre arrives before changing companies. I don't know how it exactly works in France, but in Spain you usually get better offers when you move from one company to other. Actually, you may get better offers from both companies: one trying to make you sign a contract, the other begging you to stay.