1.    #1  
    I'm back from my 5-day ski trip with extensive use of my Treo. Experience has been mostly good, with a few comments, and the treo being able to make calls while other cells didn't even have service.

However I'd say about five times since I got it last wednesday, it has temporarily frozen. This has occurred in several different situations--web browsing, after a call drops, etc. The screen is stuck, responds to no buttons including power and lid close. But after maybe 2 minutes or so, it wakes up, responding so some of the cached button presses.

I would assume some background network communication or something is tieing up the CPU, but nonetheless there is not indication and it is annoying when it occurs, especially when you are trying to do something. Many times I was about to do a soft reset and it came back just before my patience ended.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    I have 180k/VS.
    Interesting. I've had the treo "freeze" twice since I got it, and I've performed a soft reset both times. I never waited long enough after noticing it to see if it magically came back to life though.

I'm guessing it's the same problem though.

Originally posted by jwardell
    However I'd say about five times since I got it last wednesday, it has temporarily frozen. This has occurred in several different situations--web browsing, after a call drops, etc. The screen is stuck, responds to no buttons including power and lid close. But after maybe 2 minutes or so, it wakes up, responding so some of the cached button presses.

I would assume some background network communication or something is tieing up the CPU, but nonetheless there is not indication and it is annoying when it occurs, especially when you are trying to do something. Many times I was about to do a soft reset and it came back just before my patience ended.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    I have 180k/VS.
    The Treo will come back to life - it gets into a temporary confused state. It is a combination of an inbound SMS while a data call is bein dialed simultaneously. I think the phone gets in a confused state but it quickly snaps out of it (in about a minute in my case). A soft reset is one option if you don't want to wait it out.