Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone with a sprint rep and explained how my screen was all of a sudden cracked and was there anyway he could help me without paying a fee. We were able to agree that he would credit $50+ to my account and I would go through asurion and charge a replacement for $100. My question is when I recieve this phone due I have to activate it??? I know I have to send my damaged pre in but would I be able to sell this phone to a family member or trade my phone to a family member??? Would he be able to activate it even though it was orginally sent to my account? Please help, I know the question may be a bit confusing, so I apologize for that.
    I had a crack in my screen and talked with CS, they told me to go back into the store and speak with a manager. If the crack didn't occur due to abuse Sprint would replace it in my case. The manager even said that it is a known defect. I say that because at first the store told me to contact Asurion and I just didn't think that was right so I went up the chain of command until someone could help me with the problem.
    don't bother with asurian, it has a manufacturers warranty. As long as it wasn't your fault. The cracked screens is a documented issue.
    Palm prē-ist.
    but to answer your question no YOU dont have to use the phone. once you get it it can be sold as a BNIB refurb. (you wont get a NEW phone from asurian)
    Quote Originally Posted by MF4L41 View Post
    I just got off the phone with a sprint rep and explained how my screen was all of a sudden cracked and was there anyway he could help me without paying a fee. We were able to agree that he would credit $50+ to my account and I would go through asurion and charge a replacement for $100. My question is when I recieve this phone due I have to activate it??? I know I have to send my damaged pre in but would I be able to sell this phone to a family member or trade my phone to a family member??? Would he be able to activate it even though it was orginally sent to my account? Please help, I know the question may be a bit confusing, so I apologize for that.
    you can sell it but it IS linked to your account. there May Be an issue activating it as i had the issue when i first got my pre . my wifes account was eligible for upgrade mine wasnt and it was linked to hers. i called to activate they said well hmmm this is no good this is linked to another account. i said yeah my wifes bla bla bla, heres the pin number bla bla bla... i have the pre on my account now.