Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I had posted an earlier thread about my disappointment with the Handspring Action Pack Case for the Treo. Tonight while in our local mall, I happened into the Brookstone store. I noticed a rack with some fine leather cases on it. I noticed one that said; "Micro Leather Phone Case." I pulled out my Treo and honest guys, it was an absolutely perfect fit. It's black, fine leather with a belt clip. It has a very low profile and here's the kicker.... it was only $12.50! So my advice is run... don't walk to your nearest Brookstone store and get what is the finest case available today for the Treo!. On the back of the card it says; "Designed for ultracompact cellular phones like the Motorola StarTAC."

I love it!
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
    Thanks for the tip. I just ordered from Brookstone online. I tried to post the exact URL, but it didnt format right. Ends up being 19.99 with tax and standard shipping. Still cheaper than the Action Pack.
  3.    #3  
    http://www.brookstone.com/shop/large...ge_file=305748

I hadn't thought about an online order. Go to Brookstone and in their search window enter "phone case". The first picture is the Micro Phone case. I've never tried posting a picture in the forum before so I hope this works.
    www.riverontheweb.com

Very cool tip, picked one up today. The quality is very good the fit is great... I trimmed a little off the flap so it wouldn't catch the antena. I like the covered clip that does NOT dig in to your hip.

Thanks for the tip!
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
    thanks for the tip picked one up today it is a good fit better then any out there as of now
    Excellent tip, thanks! Fits beautifully, and is more discreet. I'm not so comfortable advertising that I am wearing a $400 device.

The Brookstone case even has the opening for the headset wire in the right place.
    right on for the heads up riverbruce.
    walked into brookstone in san francisco on my lunch break today and picked myself up the nice case.

one drawback: the belt clip is not spring loaded like a clothes pin or pager style clips. instead its like a metal clasp.
    Thanks to someone elses post I also went yesterday I got one of these Holsters at Brookstone.

Perfect fit !

Even better, FOLD BACK into the holster the flap and you get an even more snug fit !!!

See other threads.

Jeff - PHX
  10.    #10  
    Why the flap about the flap? ;>)

I rather like the flap and it doesn't hinder me at all when accessing the Treo. I think it also provids a bit more protection. What is it you don't like about the flap?
    www.riverontheweb.com

As the instigator of the flap about the flap, I thought I'd chime in...

First - All Hail RiverBruce - he absolutely rules for finding this case in the first place.

I ran out and bought one based on his discovery. But what I (and many others) want is a "quick draw holster" - ala the Startac phone. Others prefer the flap - to each his own.

The wonderful thing about this is, for the first time since the dark matter coagulated to form the universe, you can run out and buy ONE case for less than FIFTEEN BUCKS and have it either way.

I'm calling the Vatican on this one...

Paul
    Last edited by Paul Penny; 03/19/2002 at 05:14 PM.
    Aloha
    I tried to find this at the only Brookstone here on Oahu and they don't carry it.
    Fortunately or unfortunately, at the Franklin Covey store next door I found a new binder phone case combo (2 pieces) where the phone case fits the Treo perfectly. The binder comes in three sizes Pocket, Compact and Classic and in a variety of colors including red and lime green(I bought black). They're nylon not leather but the strap is thin and uses a snap versus velcro (yea!).

The clip is like that on the Brookstone as it was designed to clip to the binder.

2-3 times the brookstone price but I guess thats for the binder and brandname. I kind of like this concept versus the much more expensive built-in pda binders they sell for $100.00

Its not for everyone but I like the case design just wish I could've bought the case by itself.
    it's an endless search of temporary joys
  13.    #13  
    You cracked me up Paul. Thanks for the chuckle and the explanation. ROFL

Originally posted by Paul Penny
    As the instigator of the flap about the flap, I thought I'd chime in...

First - All Hail RiverBruce - he absolutely rules for finding this case in the first place.

I ran out and bought one based on his discovery. But what I (and many others) want is a "quick draw holster" - ala the Startac phone. Others prefer the flap - to each his own.

The wonderful thing about this is, for the first time since the dark matter coagulated to form the universe, you can run out and buy ONE case for less than FIFTEEN BUCKS and have it either way.

I'm calling the Vatican on this one...

Paul
    www.riverontheweb.com

Just wanted to post my praise for the Brookstone case. Got one last night, and it is EXACTLY what I was wanting in a Treo case to begin with. At less than half the price of the goofy looking Handspring "Action Pack" case.

Glad you found it, Bruce.

Oh, by the way, after trying both ways, I have come to the determination that I am definitely a "flapper". Not that there's anything wrong with that.........
    jrsites -

just so we clearly define what a "flapper" is for our growing lexicon - is it someone who prefers the flap folded inside, or used as designed?

Maybe a better designation is "I'm an innie" and riverbruce is an "outie"...

Just a thought

Paul
    A "Flapper", as I've defined it, is one who uses the flap as designed. This would be as opposed to a "Tucker".

Perhaps, though, the "Innie/Outtie" idea is a bit more user friendly.

jsjsjs
    I like the "flapper" and "tucker" designations.

Pretty soon Brookstone will have sold so many of these cases that we can commit an entire forum to the anthropological study of flappers vs. tuckers and what makes them tick...

You DO wonder how Brookstone analyzes sales at a corporate level, etc. and whether somewhere someone is scratching their head because, all of a sudden, these things are starting to fly off the shelves... (yeah, like a hundred across the whole country would be flying off the shelf, I know)...

And then the dude orders 100,000 more expecting the new demand spike to continue, and the next thing you know they have to do a closeout on them for 5 bucks...

Ah, to dream...
    Paul
    and the next thing you know they have to do a closeout on them for 5 bucks...
    I should've waited until after the rest of you yahoos went out and drove down the cost for me!

Funny though, the same thing crossed my mind. I wondered if some inventory management program was going to send up a red flag to tell Brookstone that they had a major spike in their phone case orders, and if they would ever be able to figure out why.

jsjsjs
    Ran out yesterday and grabbed me one of these Brookstone babies and am now a dedicated tucker.

Nice find!
    Brand new, low tech user has followed all the above advise and bought a case at Brookstone, San Antonio (Northstar Mall) for $4.99.
    Thanks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast