Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I got lazy, but at least there are pictues.

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~bohn0025/index.html

...ain't I just cute as a button?

Post questions here.

...full images are there too:

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~bohn0025/treoimg/

---edit: it's all up now, ftp was sending corrupted files. Now I'm late to class.
    Last edited by Dieter Bohn; 03/08/2002 at 02:35 PM.
    Nice Review

But If you put pictures in it, make sure they actually work! Nothing more annoying than a broken picture!

I'm sure you know this though, and will get it fixed
    Blue Visor Deluxe ~ Clie T615 ~ Zire 71 ~ Treo 650 ~ Palm Centro
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by terrysalmi
    Nice Review

But If you put pictures in it, make sure they actually work! Nothing more annoying than a broken picture!

I'm sure you know this though, and will get it fixed
    yep. done. I was working on it as you posted.
    Much better, but the stylus picture is still broken, fyi
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn
    ...ain't I just cute as a button?
    Such a handsome boy.
    The light at the end of your tunnel has been disconnected due to non-payment. Please remit funds immediately for restoration of hope.
    Excellent job. I also noticed the buttons seeming a bit loose. Except mine is on the other side. When I press the phone button, I see the next button over moving a little bit.
  7.    #7  
    Much better, but the stylus picture is still broken, fyi
    Fixed. Odd, too. I can view them just fine here, but when i FTP them, they don't work. But if I open them in any image viewer and resave them, then FTP them, they work.

weird. ah, well.
    Nice review! And funny photos! ;-)
    Just one question: the antena is like the one in the Visorphone? Or you can replace it if it breaks?
    Again, thanks.

kayac
    Ah. Much better now. You might want to put down that the first stylus is the Treo's, the second is the plain Visor stylus, and the third is the Pentopia. I figured it out, but some other people might not.
  10.    #10  
    Ah. Much better now. You might want to put down that the first stylus is the Treo's, the second is the plain Visor stylus, and the third is the Pentopia. I figured it out, but some other people might not.
    Yo! Put up your own damn site!
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by kayac
    Nice review! And funny photos! ;-)
    Just one question: the antena is like the one in the Visorphone? Or you can replace it if it breaks?
    Well... you can screw it out, so presumably that means it replaceable... I never read the visorphone antenna thread.. is the Vphone antenna glued in or something?
    Yo! Put up your own damn site!
    Dang! OK, I will go dig a hole, crawl in it, and die, for the sake of your review and the world.

I like sarcasm too!
    Well... you can screw it out, so presumably that means it replaceable... I never read the visorphone antenna thread.. is the Vphone antenna glued in or something?
    I owned a Visorphone several months ago and I remember that the antenna was glued, you cannot screw it out...
  14.    #14  
    having seen the pictures, my wife won't stop calling me a big dork.
  15. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn
    having seen the pictures, my wife won't stop calling me a big dork.
    What did she call you before she saw the pictures?
    Originally posted by Rob

What did she call you before she saw the pictures?
    My guess is "Your average, run-of-the-mill dork"

Great pics of the Treo though. Some of the best pictures of a screen I have ever seen.

Jason
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
    WTF?!? No PIM? Ok, I know it's a phone first, but not even the basic address and datebook. Are those installed to RAM during the installation phase or anything? Even optionally? I mean, come on, you can't expect people who had a Palm to suddenly go without datebook and address book, or be forced to buy a 3rd party PIM. What's up with that?

Please clarify this for me, so I can start looking for warez... I mean viable replacements at a reasonable cost. :P

-Greg
    From what I read from the review...

It has Datebook+, just not Datebook. This means Handspring has finally responded to our requests to have just 1 Datebook program in the ROM

It has a Phonebook/Dialer program that is essentially an address book, except it has capabilities to work the phone also.

So actually, go Handspring, for responding to our requests!
    Hehe, Whoops! My Bad!
    Still, I'll probably put ActionNames or something else on there for the more powerful address book. Then again, the main reason I look in the address book is for a phone number.... I'll have to see how I like how the new app works. Is there not a list view of people in the "phone book" like there is in the address book, then? I mean, you *CAN* still access addresses and such, right?

-Greg
  20.    #20  
    Originally posted by GregGaub
    Hehe, Whoops! My Bad!
    Still, I'll probably put ActionNames or something else on there for the more powerful address book. Then again, the main reason I look in the address book is for a phone number.... I'll have to see how I like how the new app works. Is there not a list view of people in the "phone book" like there is in the address book, then? I mean, you *CAN* still access addresses and such, right?

-Greg
    Sheesh, ya scared the heck out of me..

What I was (poorly) trying to say is all you get is a screen that is such like

Schmoe, Joe
    ____________555-555-5555 H
    ____________111-222-2222 M
    Schzed, Dana
    ____________222-535-5465 F

...the upshot of which is you can't get a list of just one line per name, which means fewer names per screen and more scrolling.

..of course, if you know the person's name, you get their entry up in miliseconds by typing it in, so it's much better this way. I just miss my old views.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast