1.    #1  
    I know that I can permanently disable/enable call waiting through the menu in the Phonebook (Options -> Call Preferences -> Disable Call Waiting). However, what I'd like to do is to keep call waiting enabled all the time, and have a dial prefix (like *70) to place in the "Preferences -> Network -> Phone -> Disable call waiting" setting, so that incoming calls don't disconnect the PPP connection when it's active.

I called Handspring and they said that such a dial prefix would be a carrier dependent feature. I called Cingular and they said it was a hardware thing. (I'm inclined to think that the Cingular rep was less informed, but that doesn't get me any closer to having a solution.)

Anyone already have this working?

P.S. I tried *70 and it didn't work.
    Try Appendix E of the user guide for Treo. I think the code you are looking for is: #67# which deactivates call forwarding when busy. You then use *67# to turn it back on. This is all on page 235 of the Treo 180 manual.

It could also be #002# and ##002# depending upon your needs.
    Dave, How did you get your manual? I did not receive one with the phone, only a quick reference guide.

???

TIA

Rod
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
    try looking or it on the CD
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff