1.    #1  
    hi there,

I'm a Treo owner since one week and I really like it. one of the bad issues is that it hasn't got watch features, such as date&clock display, timers, alarms and so on.

so, I'm looking around to find a good app which I'd elect as my startup application [ie. when I open the lid et similar, thanks to the TreoButton utility].

I'm currently using BigClock, which shows clock, date and calendar and has got 4 alarms and 4 timers (both up and down). Now I'm reading about xTime, PocketWatch+... hhmmm confused a bit.

PocketWatch is cool, but it shows clock/date only... on the other hand, other apps has got lots of feats, but none of them shows up GSM infos about active network [roaming] and quality.

Which apps you'd install?

Thank you.
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
  2.    #2  
    well, after a sort of surfing around the utilities, I finally organized myself as the following [evaluating the apps]:

- Pocketwatch+ 2.0
    [or]
    - PopUp time v1.6

and
    - BigClock v2.83

the first two will popup whenever I press the power button, but...
    • how can I popup them when I open the lid?
    • how can I popup them while in another app? the Treo hasn't got the silk area, and the phonebook button doesn't work for that!

about the BigClock utility, is the most useful AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $for$ $alarms$ $and$ $timers$, $really$ $easy$ $to$ $setup$ $and$ $free$.
    Last edited by matro; 03/07/2002 at 12:34 PM.
    ClockPop is King. See other thread below.
    I called Handspring Treo tech support line and complained about how their "phone" is unlike any other phone in that it doesn't show date/time in the default view (i.e., when you open the cover or click the phone app button while cover is closed). They gave me a pretty good solution!!

You can make two speed dial buttons show the date and time! To do that, you put the text "&date" and "&time" (without the quotes) in the name of the speed dial location. I made the bottom two buttons in the first speed dial page show date and time... kludgy yet elegant and simple!! I love it!

I also used popclock (or whatever it's called) but have it tied to the calendar button.

Good luck!

Originally posted by matro
    hi there,

I'm a Treo owner since one week and I really like it. one of the bad issues is that it hasn't got watch features, such as date&clock display, timers, alarms and so on.

so, I'm looking around to find a good app which I'd elect as my startup application [ie. when I open the lid et similar, thanks to the TreoButton utility].

I'm currently using BigClock, which shows clock, date and calendar and has got 4 alarms and 4 timers (both up and down). Now I'm reading about xTime, PocketWatch+... hhmmm confused a bit.

PocketWatch is cool, but it shows clock/date only... on the other hand, other apps has got lots of feats, but none of them shows up GSM infos about active network [roaming] and quality.

Which apps you'd install?

Thank you.
    This is VERY cool.

Thanks for passing it along!

Rod
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
  6.    #6  
    hhmmmm going to learn developing on PalmOS and build a watch app which shows network and reception ticks also! :-)