1.    #1  
    !#$^#&

An otherwise good article about Handspring business plan over at Infosync has made the same comment I've seen several times now:
    The Treo is not a PDA. The Treo is a cellular phone that is running a PDA OS for simplicity and PIM functionality. The Treo is not competing against the m505, the CLIE 760c, or the HandEra 330. It is competing against the Kyocera QCP 6035, the Samsung I300, the Nokia 9210, and the Motorola Accompli A008. The "smart phone" market is still up in the air, with no clear dominating player. The Treo is step one in Handspring's move to greener pastures from the saturated and Sony-challenged consumer PDA market.
    Now, don't get me wrong, I agree 75-80% with the last part of this statement. But if people keep writing "the treo is not a pda," I'm going to blow my top. What I take him to have meant is that the treo is not marketed as a PDA. Fine. Whatever. But the bottom line is that it is as good a PDA as any, excepting expandability. Better, even, IMO.

will people PLEASE quit saying this?

(on a lighter note, my user-review is only half done and it is also still half-assed, it should come tomorrow.)
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn
    !#$^#&

An otherwise good article about Handspring business plan over at Infosync has made the same comment I've seen several times now:

Now, don't get me wrong, I agree 75-80% with the last part of this statement. But if people keep writing "the treo is not a pda," I'm going to blow my top. What I take him to have meant is that the treo is not marketed as a PDA. Fine. Whatever. But the bottom line is that it is as good a PDA as any, excepting expandability. Better, even, IMO.

will people PLEASE quit saying this?

(on a lighter note, my user-review is only half done and it is also still half-assed, it should come tomorrow.)
    I prefer to think of the Treo as an [almost] all inclusive personal mobile information device
    [PMID] or prehaps PMIA (personal mobil information asistance);

But I aggree as a consumer, we should be defining what it is, not the little dweeb marketing people and remember this is a marketing article, not a review you are citing

If ya want a review, go to consumer reports.

NOTE: I am not trying to be argumentative, as I agree with you in spirit!

-henry
    Any way you slice it, the TREO is not a PDA.

I actually just want to see you blow your top...

I actually have to give HandSpring some credit by marketing the TREO as a communicator. This would tend to avoid the whole argument. Unfortunately, the media simply continues to label the device as a CellPhone with the PalmOS integrated.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by GSR13
    Any way you slice it, the TREO is not a PDA.
    yaahhhhhhh!
    Is that the new Handspring flip guy?

http://www.infosync.no/news/2002/03/...spring_e00.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by Felipe
    Is that the new Handspring flip guy?
    Well, it's the same old flip in a new form: on the Treo.

Also, see him http://www.handspring.com/images/fro.../treo_main.jpg