1.    #1  
    according to phonearena, the palm pre plus has hit the verizon server, but no price, pics or specs. i called my buddy who is a verizon manager and he said january vz is getting the pre, but not the sprint pre. he wouldnt say whats new though
    probably just a 16 gb with a newer version, probably being shipped with 1.3.X. They wouldn't just create another new phone out of the blue, rubenstein said so according to the front page.

Also, I remember back in the day verizon would always try to be different and make there phones white. Who knows, but I can't wait for verizon to get the pre, opertunity for palm to make more money.
    Last edited by jpdaballa; 12/18/2009 at 04:19 AM.
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
  3.    #3  
    yeah and by presenting a new device its a much bigger deal. Marketing. I would be very surprised if they didn't have a new handset, especially since that palm ''engineer'' told me they would! Lol, but really, this is a small company fighting to stay in it. They are showing up at ces and being that I have been (semas more fun) I think its just your typical smoke screen.
    Palm prē-ist.
    im almost certain that its got more memory and not anything else . but who knows lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  5.    #5  
    I think its safe to say that rubenstein was blowing smoke. ''were gunna show of 1.3.5'' yeah flash framework, gpu coding started. 3d gaming on its way.... Sounds to me like when I said ''marketing'' it was an understatement. Yeah, I think 2010 ces is gunna be something special. Prolly more than last year!

we can hope can't we! And yes if we get 3d gaming I would like the hd2 running webos, hint, hint
    Palm prē-ist.
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    I think its safe to say that rubenstein was blowing smoke. ''were gunna show of 1.3.5'' yeah flash framework, gpu coding started. 3d gaming on its way.... Sounds to me like when I said ''marketing'' it was an understatement. Yeah, I think 2010 ces is gunna be something special. Prolly more than last year!

we can hope can't we! And yes if we get 3d gaming I would like the hd2 running webos, hint, hint
    You're not hoping big enough. It will still not be much of an announcement if all Palm can do is produce something that catches most of the way up to last year's competition. Last year, they released just before a mere iPhone refresh. This year it will be just before the new iSlate. The advances you mentioned might mean something if the rest of the industry were sitting still. They are not. Parity means nothing for Palm; they need to surpass, and by a long margin in some area that people care about.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    You're not hoping big enough. It will still not be much of an announcement if all Palm can do is produce something that catches most of the way up to last year's competition. Last year, they released just before a mere iPhone refresh. This year it will be just before the new iSlate. The advances you mentioned might mean something if the rest of the industry were sitting still. They are not. Parity means nothing for Palm; they need to surpass, and by a long margin in some area that people care about.
    Parity means nothing? So they have to best apple to survive? You don't seem to understand the market at all. Palm can survive and be profitable with 5% of the smartphone marketshare. 5%. That's it. You don't have to kill goliath here. U dont have to have an iphone killer.
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 01/03/2010 at 08:10 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Parity means nothing? So they have to best apple to survive? You don't seem to understand the market at all. Palm can survive and be profitable with 5% of apples marketshare. 5%.
    Actually, yes. They have to beat apple at something. Otherwise, there is no reason for anyone to choose the Pre. Palm was suposed to produce something more than a me too device.
    islate is a tablet not a cell phone. Who wants a 7-10inch phone in their pocket. Nobody uses tablets. But now cause apple is making one its a huge deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    islate is a tablet not a cell phone. Who wants a 7-10inch phone in their pocket. Nobody uses tablets. But now cause apple is making one its a huge deal.
    That's right; it is a huge deal. Yes, it's a tablet. But that doesn't matter. If it is, as many people believe, as big a hit as the iPhone, any small update Palm announces will be crushed by the iSlate introduction. Furthermore, Apple is also releasing the fourth generation iPhone this year as I said, they are not exactly sitting still.
    That's right; it is a huge deal. Yes, it's a tablet. But that doesn't matter. If it is, as many people believe, as big a hit as the iPhone, any small update Palm announces will be crushed by the iSlate introduction. Furthermore, Apple is also releasing the fourth generation iPhone this year as I said, they are not exactly sitting still.
    Really Apple is introducing the 4th gen Iphone! wow, you know what be be great... if Apple released the next gen Iphone yearly!!!!

And Palm I'm sure will introduce the 2nd gen this year, just like android did and blackberry. so what was your point?

Like was stated by mrloserpunk Palm only needs 5% marketshare to be profitable, Furthermore Palm will never be able to compete w/ Apple.

The next gen Pre will most likely take a page from the Iphone playbook, It will be the same design as current, and be just software v.2.x.x and maybe more storage thats it.
    Palm is Too small and to focused on WebOs ( not a bad thing in my book)to be able to handle multiple handsets.
    I would be willing to bet Palm will never produce a phone that doesnt have a physical k/board either! Its kinda their thing.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

12.    #12  
    lol, im sorry but best apple? come on seriously? palm has what, 1000 employees and apple has how many? as long as there is an option other than apple(and att) im happy. if they come out with more handsets, golden. (and i really hope they do)
    Palm prē-ist.
    Actually, yes. They have to beat apple at something. Otherwise, there is no reason for anyone to choose the Pre. Palm was suposed to produce something more than a me too device.
    They produced a better os imo. So much better imo, I passed on a serious discount from my employer (ATT) to buy a 3GS, instead opting for sprint to buy a Pre and a Pixi. Know what there are now 5 people at my center with pres instead of iphones....If they get a fifth of the sales of apple they set all time company highs. And make alot of profit.

Ya know, we dont know what palm's gonna do at ces. Have a pretty good idea of whats coming at Yerba Buena, we know the nexus one's here....what is palm doing at ces? A surprise could really throw palm in the headlines, more so than something that has been theorized and discussed for a year or so....
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.