1.    #1  
    I was using a hands-free car kit with my Motorola phone. It is really the only way to drive half-way safely and speak at the same time. The Motorola kit was built really well, not like some of these kits that I have seen that just plug into the cigarette lighter. It had a speaker that mounted under the dash, and a microphone above the windshield. A real quality job.

SO, I really would like to be able to purchase one for the Treo. Does anyone know who may be making one. A web search bore no fruit. Maybe someone wants to make some money making one for me (and for others). I would pay good money for one!

Thanks,

Stan
    Keep this (from the Treo User Guide) in mind:

Note: Treo is not compatible with three-pin (also called three-pole) style headsets. You can determine whether a headset is a three-pin headset by counting the number of silver rings on the headset pin. A three-pin headset has three rings.
    I think the Treo uses a 4-pole headset and that some Nokia models do as well, so the proper Nokia style handsfree kit might work(?).
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, but I am not talking about a headset, but rather a true hands-off device with external speaker, etc.

Stan
    Right, but don't many hands-free car devices work by plugging into the headphone/mic jack? That was his point, I think.

Originally posted by Stan
    Thanks, but I am not talking about a headset, but rather a true hands-off device with external speaker, etc.

Stan
  5.    #5  
    Thanks. With the quality Motorola device that I had, the whole phone plugged into the holder with the connection being made with the socket at the bottom of the phone.

Stan