1.    #1  
    One of my few gripes about Handspring has been the quality
    (low) of their cases. Luckily, E&B and Vaja, among others, have
    stepped up. I don't have a Vaja case, but have heard wondrous
    things and their site (www.vajacases.com) makes me drool.

SO, I dropped them a note to the effect that I wanted to be on
    the list when they roll out the Treo case. This is what I got back:

Dear Customer,
    It is not in our plans to manufacture that case at present. Anyway, thanks for your interest in our cases and in case we
    decide to do it in the future, we will let you know by e-mail.

Best regards

Marķa Cecilia
    Garcia Querol
    Customer Service
    vajacases.com

Oy vey! What to do?

Maybe let them know I'm not the only one who is interested...

Send to Cecilia@vajacases.com.

-G
    After Dana's announcement I doubt you'll see many 3rd parties jumping to make anything to support Handspring.

Most are probably waiting to see if the ship continues to sink.

Good luck on the case!
    "If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worth reading, or do things worth the writing." Benjamin Franklin
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I sent them an e-mail yesterday and got the same exact reply.

Bummer - their cases are definitely a bit better than E&B's, but E&B's aren't bad.

Mike

Dear Customer,
    It is not in our plans to manufacture that case at present. Anyway, thanks
    for your interest in our cases and in case we decide to do it in the
    future, we will let you know by e-mail.

Best regards

Marķa Cecilia
    Garcia Querol
    Customer Service
    vajacases.com
    Most Vaja cases are designed to provide a flip cover to protect the screen and are also usually "play through" meaning that you don't take the device out of the case to use it. The Treo has a built-in flip cover that can't be removed even if you wanted to. It's very difficult to design a case that covers a device as well as it's flipping portion.
    Have you ever seen the leather sheaths/cases for those motorola flip phones? They're nice when they're closed, but when you open the phone, the case looks like it's going to come off of the top of the phone.

Anyway, if Vaja makes a case for the Treo, IMHO it should be a nice belt sheath/pouch rather than a case that stays on the device all the time. I'm not expecting that to happen, and plan on making my own leather case for it... one that stays on my belt that I put the Treo into and take it out of.

Then again, there's no telling what ingenious things some company might come up with that will make me eat my words and drool over at the same time. ;-)
    What announcement?? Who is Dana?
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
    Originally posted by Veloslave
    What announcement?? Who is Dana?
    Read This and this. it caused quite a stir.
    Thanks for the post, I had read those a while back when they came out. I kinda thought that was a tempest in the teapot, from the sound of the original post it sounded like something more serious. As you and I know the phone rocks and I'd bet the farm the accessories won't be far behind.

Of course some of us have more money left over than others to buy the accessories with... like those who were lucky enough to win the phone
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7