1.    #1  
    Hi there.

I thought some folks might be interested to know I got the ROM off my treo and have it running in POSE, the palm emulator. It's a pretty good way to experiement with stuff, especially with Blazer, without having to use up minutes, and taking advantage of your regular internet connection (nice to test blazer with broadband).

Here's what it looks like:

http://www.coljac.net/treo-emulated.jpg

The only problem with it is the sound doesn't work perfectly (well, I can compose rings in Ringo, but not play ringtones back in the prefs app). Of course, turning Wireless mode on is not successful - no, you can't recieve phone calls on the emulator.

I got the ROM off the easiest way for a USB user, under Linux using pilot-link (I just ran "pi-getrom /dev/ttyUSB1 treo.rom" and pressed the hotsync button. Voila!) POSE happily accepted it and even found the faceplate image somewhere!

If anyone else needs help doing the same, post here and I'll see what I can suggest.

Colin
    I don't suppose you'd be able to share the ROM?
    It would help me make up my mind to buy the damn
    thing now or wait for CDMA/Color.

-henry
    POSE happily accepted it and even found the faceplate image somewhere!
    When was the last time you updated POSE? I'm just currious how long a faceplate image of the Treo has been in there. Or does it use some sort of online server to get files? I'm pretty ignorant of the software, used it just a little, but didn't dig into the config.
    "Take me where my future's lyin', St. Elmo's Fire." - John Parr
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by Tonewiz2k

When was the last time you updated POSE? I'm just currious how long a faceplate image of the Treo has been in there. Or does it use some sort of online server to get files? I'm pretty ignorant of the software, used it just a little, but didn't dig into the config.
    My version of Pose is at least a month old. But somehow when I chose the rom file, it know to populate the list with 180/180g choices, and had a faceplate graphic including the jog dial.

Colin
    If you download the POSE from Handspring's website, the treo skins are included. According to the timestamp on the skins, they date back to late sept/early oct.
    -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    Version: 3.12
    GS d-(+) s: a C++ UX++++V++S++ P+>+++ L>+++ E+>++ W++ N++(+++) o? K? w !O !M V-- PS PE Y+ PGP++ t++ 5++ X++ R+ tv++ b++(+++) DI++++ D+ G++ e+++>++++ h--- r+++ y?
    -----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----