1.    #1  
    Is it possible to send and/or receive email attachments ?
    MultiMail Pro can handle up to 2mb of certain kinds of attachments. $40.

http://www.actualsoft.com/products.htm

MultiMail Professional
    The ultimate POP3/IMAP/NNTP email client for your Palm, feature packed for road warriors who want to leave their laptop behind. MultiMail Pro supports email attachments using our unique open plugin architecture. MultiMail Pro can process a continually growing list of attachments: Zip, MSWord, Quicksheet, CSV, Text, VCard, Palm PRC applications and PDB files, and many more.

New with version 3.1 comes the ability to send and receive messages and attachments up to 2MB. Just snap on a modem to your Palm and you are email ready!
  3.    #3  
    So this means the built-in email application does not support any type of attachments?

Thanks in advance!
    Originally posted by UserDeLuxe
    So this means the built-in email application does not support any type of attachments?
    I'm not sure about OneTouch. I don't think so. I prefer Eudora to OneTouch, so I can't really say...
    OnetouchMail supports receiving some attachments (including Palm install files). However, I do not think that you can use it to send attachments. I prefer Eudora Mail myself, but it does not support attachments.
    I'm not real sure I want to be receiving attached files at 9600 or even have them eat away at the future GPRS offering. What does work good for me when traveling is to use my Psion 56K infrared modem in the motel. Then I wouldn't mind getting attachments. Would there be a way to turn that feature off and on with MultiMail Pro? By the way, it was a cinch to set up the Treo to dial out using the Psion modem. I use it frequently when traveling.
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
    I use both Eudora and MultiMail Pro. When traveling using a Prism, often I use MultiMail Pro with a VisorPhone with the "headers" only function. If I see a message where I want to read the enitire message and/or receive the attachment, it's simple to access that information for that message -- independent of all other messages. This function reduces significantly the minutes I burn off my digital contract.

If I am using a wired modem with the Prism, I don't worry too often about minutes on-line.

With the Treo, I have been doing the same as I did with the VisorPhone.
    D. Watkins
    Please rescue a Greyhound
    Originally posted by riverbruce
    I'm not real sure I want to be receiving attached files at 9600 or even have them eat away at the future GPRS offering. What does work good for me when traveling is to use my Psion 56K infrared modem in the motel. Then I wouldn't mind getting attachments. Would there be a way to turn that feature off and on with MultiMail Pro? By the way, it was a cinch to set up the Treo to dial out using the Psion modem. I use it frequently when traveling.
    I use Multimail Pro with my Platinum and a ThinModem Plus. After reading your post, I looked to see if there is a way to "turn-off" the attachment download. As far as I can tell, there isn't anything that allows you to select such an option. As Dave said, you can download the headers only (you could then choose which emails to download, such as those without attachments).
    Donate Blood!!!
    Visit here to see how: America's Blood Centers
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Can i mail a Quicksheet attachment to person so that he will be able to view it in Excel without any kind of plug-in or converter?

/Andreas