1.    #1  
    I've waited until the very end to see if I want to make the VPhone upgrade. I'm still not sure--I use my Pro as a PDA first (probably 90% of the time), and as a phone second. It seems like the Treo is the other way around, and I fear that I would lose some PDA "usability" if I make the switch. Am I wrong? Can someone convince me to take the plunge?

(On a secondary note, I have this fear that as soon as I plunk down my cash, there will be a price cut. Anyone wanna speculate on when the first price cut will be, and what it will be?)
    with high tech items, there is ALWAYS a price cut just around the corner. I wouldn't even consider that an issue. If you're not willing to pay the price they're offering now, it will ALWAYS be cheaper for an equivalent item in 3-6 months. Period.

If you have a visor pro and are considering a treo, this is what you'll lose:

springboard slot. if you're heavily invested on these and rely on them, this is not for you.

smaller screen (in terms of actual physical size, not resolution).

that's really about it, especially if you want to replace with a 180g. All other factors are basically equal. Except that the treo is a MUCH better phone than a pro+visorphone combo is.
    i agree that there will be a price cut but that happens when a new model is released i do not see a cut in price before they release the 280 and why should they it looks like they hit a homerun with the treo . i use mine about 60% pda 40%as a phone and it is much better then i thought it would be i think it lives up to its hipe.
    The screen is very nice, a tad smaller perhaps, but I would be surprised if you noticed and it bothered you.

...Basically, there is only one question to ask yourself: do you need the springboard slot for other modules? If the answer is no, get the Treo. and consider getting the 180 instead of the 180g, I've been very impressed.
    I, too was a tad concerned about the "phonecentric" setup of the Treo, but hey - this is a palm device and if you can describe it, it can be programmed. Within a week of my Treo arriving, somebody had created a freeware program that allows you to reprogram the flip lid to open to the application screen rather than the speed dial! It's called treobutton and you can find info about it here:

http://discussion.visorcentral.com/v...threadid=21842

There is no end to what this thing can do and it is in a totally different league from the VisorPhone.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    To me, one of the best things about the Palm OS is that it's easily customizable. After hearing lots of complaints about the "flip up" taking you right to the phone screen, I knew that somebody would create a fix.

Sure enough, about a week after people started receiving their Treos, TreoButton appeared.

I use my Treo 80% as PDA and 20% phone. With TreoButton as well as the thousands of third party programs, I can set it up to do just what I need.

Other than taking a day or two to get used to the keyboard and smaller screen, I'm feeling no pain after shifting from my Visor Platinum. In fact, it feels weird to leave the house with just one tech toy.

I say, go for it.
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn
    The screen is very nice, a tad smaller perhaps, but I would be surprised if you noticed and it bothered you.

...Basically, there is only one question to ask yourself: do you need the springboard slot for other modules? If the answer is no, get the Treo. and consider getting the 180 instead of the 180g, I've been very impressed.

The Treo180 leave much to be desired (like a backlit or glow in the dark keyboard). Get the Treo180g.
    you can type AND write graffti on the Treo 180.

the Jog dial that Sony users enjoyed now is home on the Treo.

Custom Ring Tones are a nice distraction

The Unit is reall small, and the backlight is strong and fine so far.

the unit also is good so far at perserving battery power if you use it primarily as a PDA. I havent used it enough as a phone to know.

so far, some of the most far flung software works fine with the Treo.

: but, there are a few issues cropping up i noticed like screen redraw and the clam shell pressing the P button when you close it hard.
    Jeep CJ-7 + Empeg