Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Again....anybody got that Scanners animated .gif?

Here we are again off on a tangent you took us on, hp. You win, I guess, because I fell for it and indulged you. Have a good night.
    Quote Originally Posted by senorfrog97 View Post
    I expect a new webos advice no later than summer 2010. Just my guess.
    Now there's a quote that can be taken different ways. I suspect you meant "device". I tend to agree, but your on the early end of my guess. I'm thinking a more likely scenario is a late summer/early fall announcement and an actual release shortly before Christmas.

But that's just a guess.

If you did mean "advice", yeah I agree with that too, but I think the "advice" about update WebOS will be early in the year.

Major update, that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Again....anybody got that Scanners animated .gif?

Here we are again off on a tangent you took us on, hp. You win, I guess, because I fell for it and indulged you. Have a good night.
    I "took us on"??? Funny how that works. You spout nonsense, and it's supposed to be ignored. If someone calls you on it, they are the one "taking on a tangent". If pressed, you throw tantrums like a child. You mentioned drawing pictures...
    Quote Originally Posted by senorfrog97 View Post
    I expect a new webos advice no later than summer 2010. Just my guess.
    I would say that's about right. Or I hope so anyway. In either case for those wondering how the Pre can be improved into a Pre 2....well many ways. Dual 3/4g radios, 3.5 screen HD OLED, snapdragon chip or something comparable as well as battery efficient, bigger battery obviously, and a 5mp front facing camera with auto focus for Video conferencing.

Gimmie pls!
    Personal Attacks - Do not flame, insult, or post a personal attack against another. Be courteous, not rude. Do not troll or respond to trolls. Posters adding on to the same flaming or insulting post can earn the same infraction.

Trolling - Do not engage in repeated attempts to start arguments, harass users, or draw users into a fight just for the sake of it. Flame bait posts or thread will be closed and/or deleted and can earn the poster an infraction.

What da .............. were talking about cell phones here.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I suspect you meant "device".
    Yep
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    I would say that's about right. Or I hope so anyway. In either case for those wondering how the Pre can be improved into a Pre 2....well many ways. Dual 3/4g radios, 3.5 screen HD OLED, snapdragon chip or something comparable as well as battery efficient, bigger battery obviously, and a 5mp front facing camera with auto focus for Video conferencing.

Gimmie pls!
    I think the big differentiator - and one that Android and iPhone can't catch up with as quickly as they did everything else - is the 4G radio. However weak the radio may be in the first Pre, having a 4G device with a great UI like WebOS would be a huge jewel in the crown of Sprint and Palm.

I just read an article today about Sprint's two big pillars for 2010 fiscal success being:

1. Prepaid expansion
    2. 4G/WiMax devices

A WebOS on better hardware with speed from a mature OS and GPU along with data speed from 4G would be a difference maker, I think. I'd sure as hell throw my Hero away for it in a skinny minute.
    This equation will solve all your problems:

Android + Snapdragon > Pre

... it can't come soon enough
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Umm... that's an inequality.
    Pre 2 won't be available until 4G is rolled out in %80 of the market. By then Palm will have webos full of functionality and ready to take on the big boys.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    i'll let you know after I go
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicooo View Post
    Umm... that's an inequality.
    I thought the same thing, then read your post.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    The title of this thread is interesting, but then the discussion was a bit of a letdown. It shivers me to realize that most people seem to think that these current devices from Palm AND competitors are about the best there can currently be. I absolutely share the Rubinstein view that there is much room for innovation.

Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I'm sure Palm probably has 5,000 apps, GPU support, and whatever other fantasy scenarios you want to conjure on deck and ready to go at the press of a button, but somehow there's something more "pressing" for them.
    I think Palm has a clever plan. I think I have pretty much figured it out, but I will let Palm to reveal things when they want to reveal things.

What could be more "pressing" for Palm? Maybe designing the next device using webOS 2.0? Remember that "Pre" means "before".

Let's all reread these threads in a month, after CES. I guess many comments will look very comical. It could turn out that I have been very wrong on all of this and that my comments look the most comical. Then I guess I would have to start my own cell phone company to create what I thought Palm would. Sorry again for the vagueness of this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttcoupe View Post
    The title of this thread is interesting, but then the discussion was a bit of a letdown. It shivers me to realize that most people seem to think that these current devices from Palm AND competitors are about the best there can currently be. I absolutely share the Rubinstein view that there is much room for innovation.

I think Palm has a clever plan. I think I have pretty much figured it out, but I will let Palm to reveal things when they want to reveal things.

What could be more "pressing" for Palm? Maybe designing the next device using webOS 2.0? Remember that "Pre" means "before".

Let's all reread these threads in a month, after CES. I guess many comments will look very comical. It could turn out that I have been very wrong on all of this and that my comments look the most comical. Then I guess I would have to start my own cell phone company to create what I thought Palm would. Sorry again for the vagueness of this post.
    if palm doesnt do what you think they should do, can you tell us what you thought they would do? im curious haha
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    I don't think a preII. I'm predicting by CES they'll have 1.5 out and will unveil all the goodness of 2.0 at the event. Perhaps the revel of a third model, the professional model that will come with WebOS 2.0 installed on launch, when ever that may be.

Personally I don't think they'll release a preII for awhile, I think they'll stay with their 3 tier model plan yet. Being consumer-pixi, prosumer-pre, and professional-?.

But, alas, Palm has been pretty dang good at keeping tight lips on their plans, which is good for them, unfortunatly frustrating for us. So all this is hypothetical rolling through my head.
    no idea what Palm will do but i predict Apple will release an new or upgraded iphone, with more power, 5 megapixel camera with a flash (or an upgrade from whatever it is now), 64 Gig iphone, and whatever upgrades they can think of. Plus it will no longer be exclusive. Plus i think you'll see more android devices from all the makers. In the face of that an 8gb year old Pre may not look so special. So i think by next summer palm needs to have a device out that's better then whatever the next iphone, blackberry, and android device is. i think if it rests on he current pre it will be behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    CES already served Palm's purpose. People shouldn't assume they'll even be in the next CES.

Palm Event Calendar | Palm USA

They don't have to assume.
    "We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work."
    If palm gets Flash first, that will generate alot of hype !
    If my post helped you, Please Thanks Me !
    -sYnOnYx-
    --Pre User--
    We need a screen like the moment has both in size and brightness. (love the led display).

Keep the WEBOS system

Get somebody in gear and start cranking out the apps for both the fun stuff as well as business apps.

Need to be able to have a micro sd card to increase capacity.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234