1.    #1  
    After a couple of days with my Treo, I have found that the following programs work great:

Multimail (email)
    Blazer (web)
    Easy Launch (remapping buttons)
    Power Jog (very cool)

What programs/hacks are you using?
    Well I like EudoraMail Personally.

Plus

PowerJog
    TreoButton (from same guy that makes PowerJog)
    EasyLaunch. Useful for button configuration
    Ringo! + GeekSounds
    All the Messengers - ICQ, MSN Messenger Force etc.

BugMe Messenger

Originally posted by heberman
    After a couple of days with my Treo, I have found that the following programs work great:

Multimail (email)
    Blazer (web)
    Easy Launch (remapping buttons)
    Power Jog (very cool)

What programs/hacks are you using?
    Where did you get powerJog???
    Do a search for it at www.palmgear.com.
    Thanks Yardie--

Downloaded the Treo beta version. Have you found that it interferes with anything? Specifically the phone's use of the jogger?
    Originally posted by tinkero
    Thanks Yardie--

Downloaded the Treo beta version. Have you found that it interferes with anything? Specifically the phone's use of the jogger?
    PowerJog is designed to not activate when it sees a program that wants to use the jogrocker. it's not perfect.. sometimes it acts a bit weird here and there.

Yardie, you are my personal hero for finding TreoButton. Shame on you for not emailing me the instant you found it!

Keep the software coming! Woo Hoo!
  7.    #7  
    I can't find Treobutton (or Treo Button) on Palmgear or Handango. Do you have a link?
    WOW! I was skeptical about EasyLaunch, but now I'm sold! I love it! I am finding that I can't assing anything to button 1 or else the phone won't cycle, but whatever. TreoButton lets me change Opt + Phone, so I still get some use of out it.

EasyLaunch, TreoButton, and PowerJog make me navigate faster than I ever have. Very cool!
    Originally posted by heberman
    I can't find Treobutton (or Treo Button) on Palmgear or Handango. Do you have a link?
    http://simple-palm.com
    or
    http://homepage2.nifty.com/hackerdud...button10b1.zip

Hacker Dude-san is the BEST!
    I am getting used to Blazer, and kinda like it.

I use iRing http://www.proxyminds.com to manage the ringtones.
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn
    [B]WOW! I was skeptical about EasyLaunch, but now I'm sold! I love it! I am finding that I can't assing anything to button 1 or else the phone won't cycle, but whatever.]
    What I did to work around that was to program the medium press on the Phone button to Contacts. More often than not though, I find myself just typing in the first few letters for who I'm looking up and it opens as well.
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
    What does treobutton DO?
    Best of all it allows you to change what happens when the lid is open. You can have any app you choose open with the lid. You can also assign an app to a push of the jog wheel. Pretty cool! Every few hours my Treo becomes more and more productive with the addition of these special hacks and programs. TreoButton is not a hack by the way.
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
    Originally posted by tinkero
    What does treobutton DO?
    It allows you to re-assign what happens when
    you open the treo's lid. Normally, phonebook
    is brought up. You can also select "-NONE-"
    which makes the lid act just like another
    power button (my favorite)
    Although it's not strictly Treo-related, I find that GlowHack is great to have. It allows you to set certain times of day (a start time and a stop time) between which the backlight goes on automatically when you turn on the Treo. In other words, you can have the backlight go on if you open the lid any time between 7pm and 6am for example. Very useful if you're trying to make a call. At night. While driving.
    I'd like to mention PopUp Time v1.6, a good popup watch hack.

Altought it cannot offer its full features on Treo 180, as it uses sticky area to activate itself, it's useful because it has got same backlight activation feat!

I wrote to the author, he acknowleged problems with Treo 180 but he hasn't got upgrade plans in the next two months...
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    And... I sent mail to the authors of PopUpFavorites and SwitchHack, requesting that they consider making those pieces of software usable for silkscreen-less Treo 180 owners. Still waiting to hear back from them.