1. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    http://www.palmgear.com/software/sho...4&prodID=40142

I've played with this on my Clie, and it works pretty well. I imagine it would be even more useful on a Treo, since it could replace some of those crazy key combinations.
    cool, I was waiting for something like this..

..too bad it isn't just a Hack...

Wish it had faster access to apps, but this looks like a GREAT piece of software!
    I also think this is a great little piece of software. I tried AppHack but didn't like losing the multi-functionality of the Phone and Datebk+ buttons.
    Originally posted by riverbruce
    I also think this is a great little piece of software. I tried AppHack but didn't like losing the multi-functionality of the Phone and Datebk+ buttons.
    I'm finding I like both powerjog and apphack. Datebook4 still manages to work ok, so it's only phone that doesn't switch with multiple presses. OTOH, PowerJog lets you do it too! Just choose "button" and you can scroll through them all...
  5. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    I don't know about AppHack, but there's a hack called EasyLaunch that lets you configure each HW button three ways: pressing, holding, and holding long -- each can launch a different app.
    WOW Rob, EasyLaunch does the trick big time. I've been able to configure it so as to not lose any of Treo's inherent button tasks. Thanks for the heads up. It's really hard for me to imagine a better hack for the Treo.
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
    Just a brief update on my experience with EasyLaunch. It is, as I said, a brilliant addition to the Treo and one that I like much more than AppHack. I much prefer button press time to combinations though EasyLaunch accomodates both.

The only problem I discovered is that EasyLaunch and Yanoff 1.5 do not get along at all. After alot of troubleshooting I discovere that pressing a configured button after Yanoff was opened resulted in a fatal exception every single time. I've now uninstalled Yanoff and am looking for another newsreader program to take it's place.
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com