Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 92
  1.    #1  
    What happened to this forum. It's so irritating to go to this forum and read the same garbage posts over and over!

    - I'm returning my phone because it's not an IPHONE, or a droid
    Well go get an IPHONE or Droid. Your right, it's not. It's a PRE. This phone is new and exciting and a 1ST generation phone. I remember when people first got their first gen G1's and IPHONES guess what. They wanted to return theirs too.

    - This doesn't have apps.
    This phone just came out. Guess what. It's a phone. If you can talk, and text then you will live. I Promise! You get free sprint navigation! If you want an iphone go spend $100 on nav. New apps are coming out. They might not be the greatest but there getting better with every submission of new apps. IPHONE didn't even have apps until around 1 year after the phone came out.

    - The camera sucks
    This is a camera phone. Not a canon rebel. A camera phone... A CAMERA PHONE. It takes way better pictures than any other phone you had in the past believe me.

    I added some picks from my Pre today. What is wrong with them?? REALLY

    - The battery sucks
    We know.. you don't need to post it everyday.

    Just be content. If you don't want the phone return it. Don't complain about it over and over again. Stop ruining the forums with this crap. Sometime when i read some of these posts I get angry cause i'll never have that minute of my life back again.

    Well just blowing off some steam. Don't think it's going to change anything. but.. I tried lol
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by slimjim1219; 11/30/2009 at 12:23 AM.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by slimjim1219 View Post
    Well just blowing off some steam. Don't think it's going to change anything. but.. I tried lol
    No harm done. It's been like this here for close to a decade in my experience. Usually, I just complain to the mods about people starting threads that complain about the complainers.
  3. GoNinjaGo's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #3  
    Those pics are pretty sweet! I haven't tested the full potential of the camera but I'm impressed how good the pics can come out with good lighting. I like my Pre too
  4. #4  
    Can you also address something about the people that post pointless threads like the above?

    Just kidding. But seriously.
  5. #5  
    Actually, there was a time when many of the posts (in the Treo days) started off with "I'm having xyz problem, what am I doing wrong".

    These days, the forums are more "I'm having xyz problem, see what Palm is doing wrong. Fix it now, or I'll fall on the ground, kick my feet, and hold my breath till I turn purple.... Mooommmmyyyyyy!!!!!"

    I'm seriously hoping that within a few more weeks, the "I hate the Pre" crowd will give up the Treos, and give more "into" whatever they replace them with, and the forum can get back to what it was.

    Of course, by then, the Pre II will likely be out, so who knows...
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by slimjim1219 View Post
    ...
    I added some picks from my Pre today. What is wrong with them?? REALLY
    ...
    Good lord man, you were up jogging or something at 6:30am???? Are you insane?
  7. johnflo88's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #7  
    I agree, it is about time someone speakout!
  8. Stihl's Avatar
    Posts
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    #8  
    give this man a hurrumph
  9. #9  
    totally agree
    just look at my signature
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by slimjim1219 View Post
    What happened to this forum. It's so irritating to go to this forum and read the same garbage posts over and over!

    - I'm returning my phone because it's not an IPHONE, or a droid
    Well go get an IPHONE or Droid. Your right, it's not. It's a PRE. This phone is new and exciting and a 1ST generation phone. I remember when people first got their first gen G1's and IPHONES guess what. They wanted to return theirs too.

    - This doesn't have apps.
    This phone just came out. Guess what. It's a phone. If you can talk, and text then you will live. I Promise! You get free sprint navigation! If you want an iphone go spend $100 on nav. New apps are coming out. They might not be the greatest but there getting better with every submission of new apps. IPHONE didn't even have apps until around 1 year after the phone came out.

    - The camera sucks
    This is a camera phone. Not a canon rebel. A camera phone... A CAMERA PHONE. It takes way better pictures than any other phone you had in the past believe me.

    I added some picks from my Pre today. What is wrong with them?? REALLY

    - The battery sucks
    We know.. you don't need to post it everyday.

    Just be content. If you don't want the phone return it. Don't complain about it over and over again. Stop ruining the forums with this crap. Sometime when i read some of these posts I get angry cause i'll never have that minute of my life back again.

    Well just blowing off some steam. Don't think it's going to change anything. but.. I tried lol
    Agreed.

    The only problem I have is that us european users don't have any navigation or paid apps at all. But I'm hoping they will sort that out soon.
  11. Fihiro's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #11  
    Did you read the camera sucks thread? I don't think so.

    People want to voice their concerns, and seek solutions to their problems.
    Why aren't you putting this much energy into helping those people instead of complaining about them?

    In no way shape or form is the Pre perfect. In fact, being as you said in its first generation, problems will arise and people will talk about these problems. Awareness is a great thing, what if no one said a damned thing about the pre when it came out? Palm would have no reason to improve.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fihiro View Post
    Did you read the camera sucks thread? I don't think so.

    People want to voice their concerns, and seek solutions to their problems.
    Why aren't you putting this much energy into helping those people instead of complaining about them?

    In no way shape or form is the Pre perfect. In fact, being as you said in its first generation, problems will arise and people will talk about these problems. Awareness is a great thing, what if no one said a damned thing about the pre when it came out? Palm would have no reason to improve.
    ^ What he said. ^
    For example: If people didn't complain about their brakes locking up in the rain while driving, we wouldn't have anti-lock brakes today.
    Complaints lead to improvement.
  13. #13  
    Everybody please feel free complaining the same things over and over again using Palms feedback form.

    Just spamming the forums to let out some steam is _not_ leading to enhancements.
  14. Tcub's Avatar
    Posts
    406 Posts
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    #14  
    I don't have an issue with complaining. Like others have said, it leads to improvements. Also when I come across a thread where someone is having issues, no matter how easy the solution is, I try and offer a solution. That helps alleviate some of negativity in the forum. Try it!
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  15. #15  
    Welcome to the forums. It's been like this since June 6th.
  16. dabro's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    ^ What he said. ^
    For example: If people didn't complain about their brakes locking up in the rain while driving, we wouldn't have anti-lock brakes today.
    Complaints lead to improvement.
    ...and to think, it only took them about 90 years to do it! Actually, most people just accepted the risk and learned how to drive in the rain, see as how no one had ever heard of anti-lock brakes until the last 20 years or so.
  17. #17  
    Unlike a few, I don't believe this thread is meaningless or pointless. Someone needed to say some of the things the OP said because, frankly, it has gotten a little ridiculous. In fact, just the other day I was thinking there should probably be an age limit implemented.lol Anyway, I'm glad someone said something. Seriously, it is a bit frustrating to have to wade through so many of the "This phone sucks" or "Palm sucks" threads. I get that the phone is missing what many consider to be "basic" features, but they'd know that if they bothered to research before buying. Either be patient or jump ship. The options are really that simple.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fihiro View Post
    Did you read the camera sucks thread? I don't think so.

    People want to voice their concerns, and seek solutions to their problems.
    Why aren't you putting this much energy into helping those people instead of complaining about them?

    In no way shape or form is the Pre perfect. In fact, being as you said in its first generation, problems will arise and people will talk about these problems. Awareness is a great thing, what if no one said a damned thing about the pre when it came out? Palm would have no reason to improve.
    I see you are still on your high horse. Last time I checked this was PreCentral and Palm Pre General Chat NOT Palm and Palm Pre Support. I have no problem with people asking for advice from the community but when it generally involves whining, a topic that has been dealt with a million times already and completely overruns this board then I do have a problem. Clearly others agree. I think we are long overdue a dedicated support board to help control the situation.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

    It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by THAANSA3 View Post
    Unlike a few, I don't believe this thread is meaningless or pointless. Someone needed to say some of the things the OP said because, frankly, it has gotten a little ridiculous. In fact, just the other day I was thinking there should probably be an age limit implemented.lol Anyway, I'm glad someone said something. Seriously, it is a bit frustrating to have to wade through so many of the "This phone sucks" or "Palm sucks" threads. I get that the phone is missing what many consider to be "basic" features, but they'd know that if they bothered to research before buying. Either be patient or jump ship. The options are really that simple.
    Yeah, now it's easy to do the 'research' to read about all the basic things that were left out. But what about everybody that bought this phone in June? You think we coulda had any idea what was missing?
  20. #20  
    If you had taken two seconds to 'research' what you were buying then the answer is an emphatic yes.
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

    It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions