Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    frankly you'll always have people who don't post in the right place. There's an entire place in the forums for issues with patches and homebrew. You get personal attention from the dev community and prompt answers. Here it just gets thrown under the rug because people are looking for issues with the firmware itself, not so much the obvious issue that an official firmware update will mess up your patches.
    I'm not say to NOT do what you want to your phone. Just saying that when you hack (I can say 'hack', right?) the heck out of any phone - not just a Palm phone, you're bound to ask for trouble. I was all about customizing my phone but to be honest, I don't have the time to systematically figure out why my battery is draining or why not all my contacts won't sync, etc, etc.

Yea, call me boring, lame or even a "noob" (do people seriously use that word these days?) but I do like my stock 1.4 at this point. I've stopped customizing after 1.3.5 and to be honest, it feels nice to not have to stress or pop a vein in my head every time something "seems" to be wrong.

But hey, if you think it's awesome to customize your phone then go for it. But I guess what I'm getting at is in this forum, all those complaints software wise...just doesn't seem to reflect that of the majority - the majority that runs theirs phones stock. You folks complain about the trolls that come in here and bash the heck outta Palm and their phones but aren't you doing the same when you freak out on the forum about how you can't get an issue resolved and you wanna throw it out the window? If the image of Palm or and it's phones were based on this forum, I think it would actually make our phones look like cr&p. And it's a shame cause most of it is probably from people not holding themselves responsible for what they did their phone.

Sorry for being very "zen-like". Not customizing my Palm Pre has turned me this way. ;-)
    Last edited by chiliu78; 03/02/2010 at 02:58 PM.
    first of all the webos is cool It lets you put stuff on your phone that you need or like but if you don't know what your doing then don't do it or find someone that dose don't blame palm webos blame yourself
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Personally, I wish Palm would have locked WebOs down the way Apple has done with the Iphone OS. I'm so sick of entering a problem thread, looking to see if I can help and then as you read on the person has altered the phone with patches and all kinds of crap.
    So, because YOU'RE annoyed, you think Palm should have locked down the OS for everyone. That makes sense. Nobody asked you to try and "help". If you're so sick of it, why not find another way to spend your free time?
    as a noob, I will say that yes I do have problems with preware.... and yes I could just delete it all, but really as another poster said I would hate this phone if it wasn't for the preware, and now it is too late to return and I'm waiting for the iphone to come to verizon. So I have a long wait until I can get a new phone.

AND preware was easy until the new OS update. I just want my phone to work again. Is that so wrong?
    I am a noob and have patches and am fine. It just ain't that hard. If something gets messed up, go see the doctor. If the risks of patching, which seem very minimal, are enough to keep you from doing it, fine. Likewise, if you patch the crap out of your phone and mess it up, by all means come here and ask for help, just don't blather on about how Palm screwed you, how you are switching to the droid, etc. It is sad that some people just need to complain...anonymous message boards seem to bring this quality out in droves.

And, though I tire of this retort, and the end of the day it is just a phone...This fact remains true despite your possible utter dependence on it. There are bigger issues in the world...so let's all take a step back and try to put things in their proper perspective...
    Quote Originally Posted by xelakann View Post
    as a noob, I will say that yes I do have problems with preware.... and yes I could just delete it all, but really as another poster said I would hate this phone if it wasn't for the preware, and now it is too late to return and I'm waiting for the iphone to come to verizon. So I have a long wait until I can get a new phone.

AND preware was easy until the new OS update. I just want my phone to work again. Is that so wrong?
    LOL!
    Me too, i wish Sprint would get the Iphone. I'll jump ship so fast that no one would even know what hit them.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkagawa View Post
    I never could get Novacom to see my device.
    Maybe Im better off having a virgin Pre.
    Works fine with no complaints.
    What version of WOSQI are you running? I was having the same issue until I realized that I was running 2.81 or something like that. I updated it to 3.02 and everything worked flawlessly.
    Quit complainin. Everythings gonna be ok just relax. Sing with me, "just a small town girl..."
    "Living in a Lonely World"
    Just call me Berd.
    she took the midnight train going annyyywhhheeeerrrrrrrreeeeee
    Ironic. I was just listening to this song and I scroll to this part...
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345