Hey Mikah, what about me, DBD?
    Having a Lost moment..

What about you? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Having a Lost moment..

What about you? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Hey Mikah, what about me, DBD?
    Ironically, I would have add you to that "list" before just about any of the others he noted. But, as was stated, each person has their own opinion of "helpful"...
    There's no complete list. Just grabbed some names off the top of my head, hence the "e.g."

Dbd would certainly be among the people I alluded to.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Ironically, I would have add you to that "list" before just about any of the others he noted. But, as was stated, each person has their own opinion of "helpful"...
    Thanx, HP
    -- And check out my reply to you in my 'TweakFreak' thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    There's no complete list. Just grabbed some names off the top of my head, hence the "e.g."

Dbd would certainly be among the people I alluded to.
    Thanx Mikah. I know and you know we're on the same side.
    WOW!! yall are crazy and cracking my arss up!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    WOW!! yall are crazy and cracking my arss up!!!!!!
    Believe it or not, this helps us get through our workday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fihiro View Post
    Did you read the camera sucks thread? I don't think so.

People want to voice their concerns, and seek solutions to their problems.
    Why aren't you putting this much energy into helping those people instead of complaining about them?

In no way shape or form is the Pre perfect. In fact, being as you said in its first generation, problems will arise and people will talk about these problems. Awareness is a great thing, what if no one said a damned thing about the pre when it came out? Palm would have no reason to improve.
    I agree.. we just don't need a thousand new threads all talking about the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    I agree.. we just don't need a thousand new threads all talking about the same thing.
    For instance: "My phone's a Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!"
    That makes me sick, lol.
    It's a two-way street when it comes to stating things over and over again.
    I agree with the op..and its not just here i go to a few other forums also. I dont know if its just the next gen of smartphone users coming up..that complain bout this and that or what.. but back in the day say 5 years ago.. it was nowhere near as bad as now..

Ive stayed ahead of the curve so to speak.. back in 04 i knew smartphones where gonna take over the world down the road.. and have tried most of them.. ( not the iphone i just dont like apple or att ) and was a die hard wm user for 4 years..

my conclusion atm.. is even with the pre in its current form.. is so far advanced and easy to use that im sticking with it til next year.. but with the updates and preware etc.. the ride is only gonna get better.. and with the money i save with sprint lol my kids have a better xmas...... <---- now thats a nice sales pitch for sprint..
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    I complain a lot on here...and yet I still have the Pre.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    At this point I just vote. A thanks for those I agree with and five stars for threads that are meaningful and I leave it at that. Unfortunately, since Precentral has the most knowledgeable people you are sort of forced to deal with the dark side of this forum and I don't think it is going to change. I still believe the issue is not so much the complaints, but more of how people articulate those complaints and their opinions. Posting "Sorry, not enough memory" will generate a very different response than posting the "Camera Sucks".
    Last edited by qst4; 11/30/2009 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Lots of good points made in this thread.

I posted something similar to this in another 'Stop the Complainers Thread':

If ones have noticed; Yes you've noticed! PreC allows negative comments about the Pre & Palm. Sheesh! that's a good portion of the threads here. And that's ok.

Constructive posts, concerns of Palms decisions/future. All ok.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with threads like;
    'The Pre is giving me so much trouble.'
    'It's build quality is poor - [because]'

Now, for threads like; Palm Sucks! The Pre is Junk! has a tendency to attract flaming, - not justified, but it tends to happen.

Again though,
    We are not going to silence the complaints/issues, that's how we find solutions.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Lots of good points made in this thread.

I posted something similar to this in another 'Stop the Complainers Thread':

If ones have noticed; Yes you've noticed! PreC allows negative comments about the Pre & Palm. Sheesh! that's a good portion of the threads here. And that's ok.

Constructive posts, concerns of Palms decisions/future. All ok.
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with threads like;
    'The Pre is giving me so much trouble.'
    'It's build quality is poor - [because]'

Now, for threads like; Palm Sucks! The Pre is Junk! has a tendency to attract flaming, - not justified, but it tends to happen.

Again though,
    We are not going to silence the complaints/issues, that's how we find solutions.
    Thanks, Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Completely disagree, but no surprise there. A number of people sometimes critical of the Pre (e.g. myself, Cardfan, s219) also help other members and try to add helpful technical information to discussions where we can.

You can generalize for "complainers" just as I can for "defenders", but the truth is that there are zealous posters on either "side" as well as rational ones.
    can we get a list of where frequent flyers fit in helpfulness wise, I just wanna see if my name makes it
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    can we get a list of where frequent flyers fit in helpfulness wise, I just wanna see if my name makes it
    LOL, i had to make a special request, but he squeezed me in.
    yea, I think I "defend" the pre at-least as much as I "complain" probably more.

I'm just not that emotional about it in the end. I guess a year with a n810 and an Omnia i910 have made me very appreciative of the pre and WebOS, i feel like I get soo much of the best of both devices, with just a few shortcomings, like the camera

which, reminds me, OP you are incorrect in your blanket statment, the omnia i910 has a better camera, both hardware and software, lens, MP and processing.
    There are four lights.
    Wow mikah912 - tough crowd. Who would have thought "exempli gratia" (e.g.) would one day be translated to "everything including the kitchen sink!" Not that I think dbd is anything like a tub of old dishwater ... mostly ...
    Unpatch your Pre. Delete all your homebrews and anything else that is considered to be non-standard. Seriously, you assume a certain risk when you do all of this to a phone.

I use to have all the patches, etc and it was one issue after another. I completely wiped my phone and started from scratch and now at this point, I like my phone the way it is without having to "customize" it in Developer Mode.

Palm is all about webOS and it being open but they never said that everything runs as it's supposed to if you start to mess around with it.

Yes...you can flame me now.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast