1.    #1  
    Might anyone have a suggestion for an easy way to disconnect an active network connection? Currently I navigate away from the application I'm using, back to the Applications Menu, then have to choose the 'System' category from the drop-down list, then 'Prefs' then 'Network' from that drop-down list before choosing 'Disconnect'. Any ideas?

As always, thanks in advance -

Matt
    Many TCP/IP enabled applications, including Blazer, MultiMail, and AvantGo, have a Disconnect menu option. Look for this. Also you can set many programs to disconnect upon exit or mail retrieval.
    What are you using for your connection?

When using a Thinmodem or Thinmodem+, if you tap in lower right-hand corner you can get a status screen that will allow you to disconnect.

Many software apps that use network connections have a menu item or shortcut that will pull up the network control panel. This is by no means a comprehensive list, but just the Internet apps that I have on my Visor:
    • Avantgo :menu:T (Connect) :menu:Z (Disconnect)
    • Multi-mail :menu:W (Network Panel) :menu: D (Disconnect)
    • Browse-it :menu: D (Disconnect)
    • One-Touch Setup>Network Panel
  4. vbs
    Matt,

Found a way to quickly disconnect my internet connections. Just hit the Phone application button, and you will be prompted to disconnect - this is much faster than going to the Prefs panel. Hope that saves you some time and money.
    needless to say, closing the flip will immediately close the connection as well.
    Originally posted by flips13
    What are you using for your connection?

When using a Thinmodem or Thinmodem+, if you tap in lower right-hand corner you can get a status screen that will allow you to disconnect.

Many software apps that use network connections have a menu item or shortcut that will pull up the network control panel. This is by no means a comprehensive list, but just the Internet apps that I have on my Visor:
    • Avantgo :menu:T (Connect) :menu:Z (Disconnect)
    • Multi-mail :menu:W (Network Panel) :menu: D (Disconnect)
    • Browse-it :menu: D (Disconnect)
    • One-Touch Setup>Network Panel
    Boy, do I feel stupid. I didn't even realize that this was in the Treo forum!
    Originally posted by hyperenough
    needless to say, closing the flip will immediately close the connection as well.
    not so!
    Originally posted by flips13
    Boy, do I feel stupid. I didn't even realize that this was in the Treo forum!
    Bah. Your reply was very useful. Relax...
    Maybe your treo's different from mine, but if i'm surfing in blazer and close the flip, the treo hangs up the data call.

Originally posted by dietrichbohn

not so!
    Maybe your treo's different from mine, but if i'm surfing in blazer and close the flip, the treo hangs up the data call.
    Do you have "Disconnect on Exit" checked? If so, then closing the flip will indeed end the call. Many people (myself included) find this to be a pain, b/c you can't exit Blazer to, say, check an address... There are similiar options on Eudora and OneTouch. I guess it's 6 of one, half dozen of the other. Whatever you prefer....
    nope, i do not have disconnect on exit checked.

i close the flip, the data call ends and the treo turns off, just as when you close the flip on a regular call, it hangs up and turns off. i've done this a handful of times since receiving the treo on thursday night.

i cannot duplicate it right now because all of a sudden (when i need it to prove a point), my ISP dialup numbers are not responding. may have something to do with me changing some particulars of my voicestream call plan yesterday. grrr.

Originally posted by dietrichbohn

Do you have "Disconnect on Exit" checked? If so, then closing the flip will indeed end the call. Many people (myself included) find this to be a pain, b/c you can't exit Blazer to, say, check an address... There are similiar options on Eudora and OneTouch. I guess it's 6 of one, half dozen of the other. Whatever you prefer....
    OK, I was just able to connect through the voicestream isdn instead of my own ISP, and I did the following:

close flip while in blazer while connected: data call ends, treo shuts off

close flip while in aol instant messenger while connected: data call ends, treo shuts off

close flip while in launcher while connected: data call ends, treo shuts off.

perhaps if you have your earpiece plugged in this doesn't happen or something, but for me, universally, my data call ends if i close the flip. not sure why you're claiming otherwise.

nope, i do not have disconnect on exit checked.

i close the flip, the data call ends and the treo turns off, just as when you close the flip on a regular call, it hangs up and turns off. i've done this a handful of times since receiving the treo on thursday night.

i cannot duplicate it right now because all of a sudden (when i need it to prove a point), my ISP dialup numbers are not responding. may have something to do with me changing some particulars of my voicestream call plan yesterday. grrr.

i close the flip, the data call ends and the treo turns off, just as when you close the flip on a regular call, it hangs up and turns off.
    On a regular Visor, powering off terminates the active connection. If closing the flip on the Treo powers off the unit, it should work the same, just like you're saying. Now, what I don't know (because I'm not lucky enough to have a Treo ) is whether there's a way to keep the Treo on when you close the flip? If so, then I guess that would mean it won't terminate the connection...
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    OK, I was just able to connect through the voicestream isdn instead of my own ISP, and I did the following:

close flip while in blazer while connected: data call ends, treo shuts off

close flip while in aol instant messenger while connected: data call ends, treo shuts off

close flip while in launcher while connected: data call ends, treo shuts off.

perhaps if you have your earpiece plugged in this doesn't happen or something, but for me, universally, my data call ends if i close the flip. not sure why you're claiming otherwise.
    Well, I can't reproduce it, but I've managed to do it.
  15. vbs
    Hyperenough,

How did you connect to Voicestream via ISDN - did Voicestream provide you a username/password and ISDN dial in number? Where can I find that information to try on my Treo. Thanks.
    Try pressing the phone key and the Treo asks you if you want to terminate the data call to use the phone for voice calls. This is the cleanest way to stop the call besides closing the flip lid.
    There's a link in one of the other threads on these visorcentral discussion boards. do a search on "voicestream isdn" and you'll find it eventually (I neglected to bookmark the site, stupidly)

Originally posted by vbs
    Hyperenough,

How did you connect to Voicestream via ISDN - did Voicestream provide you a username/password and ISDN dial in number? Where can I find that information to try on my Treo. Thanks.