1.    #1  
    Hotsync can recieve a network connection but how do I make the Treo use a network connection? Hotsync only seems to support dial-up or USB/Serial. This must have been fixed before with Palm VII or Visorphone...Anyone?
    You want to sync from your treo to your PC wirelessly?

I'm trying to so the same thing with my treo, but the linksys is getting in the way.:-(

Anyhow:

On Pc
    Right click the hotsync icon on the sys tray. (While here check network is checked)
    Click setup.
    Click network.
    put a check mark next to the device you are using.

do a regular hot sync to transfer the network date to your device.

On Treo
    Click Hotsync icon
    click menu
    click modem sync prefs
    select network
    click menu
    click primary pc setup.
    you should see the ip of your pc and it's name
    click ok
    at main hotsync screen select modem
    click the hotsync icon.

This is what i did, but can't get it to work. it wakes the call, but can't connent to my pc even when i put in the right ip that the isp gives me and not the ip for the local pc.

it is the same problem for vnc, but I printed out a work around. hopefully I can get some insight for the hotsync problem.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Looks like you might be missing a step.

Before clicking the Hotsync icon, go back to the menu, select LANsync prefs, and select LanSync
    -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    Version: 3.12
    GS d-(+) s: a C++ UX++++V++S++ P+>+++ L>+++ E+>++ W++ N++(+++) o? K? w !O !M V-- PS PE Y+ PGP++ t++ 5++ X++ R+ tv++ b++(+++) DI++++ D+ G++ e+++>++++ h--- r+++ y?
    -----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    I think also you'll need to "open" some ports on your LinkSys gateway to allow outside traffic into your network. You can try opening the following ports and mapping them to your PC running the Network HotSync:

Ports for Network HotSync: 14237,14238

I haven't tried this, but it should work once the ports are opened. Otherwise, the firewall of the router will prevent the TREO from connecting to your PC.

Hope this helps!
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    woo hoo, got it working.

yes, open the ports 14237, 14238 to the pc you hotsync with. It is probably a good idea to assign a static ip to the machine.

And from newsgroups:

"On the Palm, in Hotsync | Primary PC Setup, enter "!!" into the Primary PC Name and enter the router's external IP into Primary PC Address."

This is supposed to prevent the palm from grabbing the PC ip again. We will see, I'm syncing for the first time right now.

Wow it is taking abit of time, I guess I should of change some of the settings on what to hotsync.
    Felipe
    ok. Mine works, but only as long as I enter the IP address of the machine in the "primary PC" address setting of my router. If I use my Dynamic DNS, it doesn't work. Is there any way to get this to use Dyanmic DNS?
    Man, this Treo650 rocks.
    a thread from feb 2002 is brought back to life.

cool.
    Felipe
    how about now?
    Quote Originally Posted by robogobo View Post
    how about now?
    now it has to come back in 2011 to beat the old resurection record.

Felipe
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Bump...

Trying to setup a 700p on Verizon for a client to perform a Network Hotsync. I've had it working on a Samsung i500 w/Sprint on my own PC, but can't get this to work with the 700p and Verizon.

Have followed the basic steps in this post...http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/49050-post7.html

Any suggestions on getting the 700p to do a wireless Network Hotsync would be appreciated....and, yes, we're already using Verizon's Wireless Sync to sync this client's Exchange data (mail, contacts, etc.) but need to Hotsync other Palm Conduits.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Bump...

Can't believe no one is doing a wireless hotsync on Verizon with a 750p.