1.    #1  
    Hey!

I'm looking into thing running on my Pre in hopes of explaining the netowkr connections it's making and found this:

Code:
    Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address               Foreign Address             State      
    tcp        0      0 111-222-333-444.pools:41291 205.140.203.43:xmpp-client  ESTABLISHED
    (Obviously I changed my IP...)

"XMPP-CLIENT" is defined as:

An XMPP client is any software or application that enables you to connect to an XMPP for instant messaging with other people over the Internet. There are many free clients you can use to do this, for many different devices and operating systems.
    I've just double-checked an I have NO IM accounts configured. What is still running on that port? It's always listed as ESTABLISHED and never goes into a CLOSED or WAITING or anything other than ESTABLISHED state.

Any ideas?

M.
  2.    #2  
    I found this much:

Code:
    205.140.192.0 - 205.140.223.0   ITI Marketing Services  (NETBLK-CW-NETBLK-ITI-MKT)
    I don't know who those clowns are and why my Pre has a "IM" connection to them ALL the time, but I don't like that "Marketing Services" part of their name. They are the owner of the netblock that the IM IP is in.

Does any of this mean anything to anyone?

M.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    no idea but I wonder if this is them

Iti Marketing . com

seems they deal in mobile solutions, it mentions sms platforms and also email databases. have you got any of your email clients set up as push (as they arrive) as I believe this maintains a constant connection
  4.    #4  
    I have my gmail setup as imap and "as stuff arives", yes. However, it seems it has its own connection to "1e100.net" on port 993 (imaps) which is the port the setup instructions on Google's site says to tell mail clients to use.

I dunno! I'm still looking into it!