Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Let's document any easter eggs we find in the Treo for user reference here. Here is one that was reported by pencomputing.

Date and Time Easter Egg

The first Easter egg-like item we know of is the date and time option you may have seen on some of the screenshots. When programming your Speed Dial buttons, you can enter two special codes in the Name field that will transform that button into either a display of the date or time. You can still program these to dial a number, by the way. The codes are &date and &time. Because the Treo doesn't tell you either of these data when you open the screen, it's a great trick to know.
    that's a great hack.

wish it was a standard part of the interface, but i'll take what i can get. after playing with my treo last night that was one of my biggest annoyances was that the default phone screen didn't have time and date.

outstanding.
    very cool. Thanks..

There are some definite signs of very intelligent design here, though it does fall down in a couple of places. overall, though, better.
  4.    #4  
    This is probably already documented somewhere but in playing around with the keyboard I realized the following extended use of the blue "option" key.

If you press the blue option key combined with any of the 4 buttons (Phone,Calendar,Web, or Message) it brings up applications Memo, ToDo, WorldTime and Calculator respectively. Try it! Saves you from going to the main menu.
    Originally posted by george_vc
    This is probably already documented somewhere but in playing around with the keyboard I realized the following extended use of the blue "option" key.

If you press the blue option key combined with any of the 4 buttons (Phone,Calendar,Web, or Message) it brings up applications Memo, ToDo, WorldTime and Calculator respectively. Try it! Saves you from going to the main menu.
    Yep, documented. Unfortunately, not customizable.

...yet...
    Someone already posted it in another thread, but i thought it related to this one, so here's a link to a program that lets you customize the option+[hard key] programs as well as the programs that start when you open the lid and press the jog rocker. It's called TreoButton and it's at http://homepage2.nifty.com/hackerdud...ton/index.html
    This may not be considered an easter egg, but....

When you are connecting to your ISP and it says "dialing ..." hit the scroll down button and you can see the number it's dialing and the baud rate that it connects at. So far,I always connect at 9600.
    Originally posted by AbortRetryFail?
    This may not be considered an easter egg, but....

When you are connecting to your ISP and it says "dialing ..." hit the scroll down button and you can see the number it's dialing and the baud rate that it connects at. So far,I always connect at 9600.
    Hey, that's news to me! Cool!
  9.    #9  
    The Prism had the little red car that would occasionally drive accross the screen. I saw the other day on the treo something go across. It looked like a cruise ship, but can't be sure. Anyone else see this?
    George,

I think it might be time to get some sleep, you do know what sleep is...

"Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by Veloslave
    George,

I think it might be time to get some sleep, you do know what sleep is...

Veloslave, I knew it wasn't sleep deprivation, another user reports seeing the treo steam ship also here
    Originally posted by george_vc

Veloslave, I knew it wasn't sleep deprivation, another user reports seeing the treo steam ship also here
    Now if we can only find the keyboard version I would have something to do while losing sleep waiting for that 270

Rod

i get the ship probably once a day while I'm reading iSilo in autoscroll mode. weird.
    Yo DB...

You gonna go for a 270?

Rod

i can't afford it. and I'm not happy about that. the battery and the backlight kb would be very nice, even without the color!
    Well, that is what you get when you get spoiled by winning something you can't afford!

FYI for everyone, on the graffiti version, you should be able to get the steamship to come up by holding the up/down buttons and moving the stylus from the middle of the graffiti area left, to inbetween the home/menu icons. This is how it worked on all other visors (though it was a taxicab for 3.1 devices, and a sports car on 3.5 devices). I know that if you go into preferences (general) and make a backwards circle above where the calculator icon 'usually' is, you will pull up an easter egg, which results in the random steamship.
    Blue Visor Deluxe ~ Clie T615 ~ Zire 71 ~ Treo 650 ~ Palm Centro
    Come on, don't you know you collage kids are supposed to rack up tons of debt and weasel out of paying most of it??

Where ya been?

Rod

18. ejk
    Just a quick note:

I was trying out the &date and &time labels on the Speed Dial. After cutting and pasting phone numbers to rearrange the buttons about 3 times I realized... in the speed dial edit screen you can just drag and drop the button labels to rearrange them. Sheesh, I felt silly after I figured that out.

I had the ship float across my chessboard the other day. It's still random with the keyboard model, as far as I know.
    Originally posted by Veloslave
    Come on, don't you know you collage kids are supposed to rack up tons of debt and weasel out of paying most of it??

Where ya been?

Rod
    Well...it's always better to accuse someone else of doing something that you are doing yourself (hey, the Democrats do it all the time)!

But back on topic now, you could say that IF I wanted to go to law school or grad school - then I would be in DB's case...
    Blue Visor Deluxe ~ Clie T615 ~ Zire 71 ~ Treo 650 ~ Palm Centro
    I also saw the ship fly across the screen !!! Could not figure out what caused it as it happened only once.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast