Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    After having installed the most recent update...my pre has PUT ON THE BRAKES! Everything is much slower...the Homebrew apps simply don't show up when I go to FileCoaster...currently taking several minutes to 'attempt' to login to Yahoo for IM.

This new patch is a JOKE...I hope they fix it soon!

I began to hate my Pre as of this week!
    Dr. your phone. Or run Emergency Patch Removal Tool

Chances are you didn't fully uninstall all the patches. The new patch is not a joke it works perfectly fine for 99% of the users.

If your phone is unpatched, then chances are something went wrong and Dr.ing it will fix it anyway. It's a very good patch look around at the other complaint threads to see where you've gone wrong before creating another.
    +1 What Alex said...

Also, look into using Preware instead of filecoaster.
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    OH...ok...I GOTCHA...read all these instructions...and don't forget to back EVERYTHING UP!

Nice...very nice...gotta love this thing...i am disliking it more and more every single second...
    man my phone rocks and its really easy if you just take the time to read alittle and if you need help just do a search for or ask for some help where ever you get stack lol man...
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Good for you...have fun...I am moving on...
    Quote Originally Posted by trhwallst View Post
    OH...ok...I GOTCHA...read all these instructions...and don't forget to back EVERYTHING UP!

Nice...very nice...gotta love this thing...i am disliking it more and more every single second...
    ... you broke your Pre because some unapproved patches weren't uninstalled correctly and you are disliking your phone more and more?

Seems to me that your Pre might actually have a beef with you.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Unapproved Patches? This all started with the latest version of webOS, nothing else...

All kinds of crazy crap happening...

Phone wouldn't get the correct time...used Central instead of Eastern.
    Constantly taking a long time to load apps.
    Facebook app has NUMEROUS ISSUES...shows feeds from days and weeks ago...???
    Before the previous version of webOS, my phone would receive emails quicker than my pc using instant messenger...now, the phone rarely gets the emails

So, I guess somehow I did all this mess...

Not to mention the two copper wire-looking clips that hang out of the phone ... just over the keyboard...

Doesn't keep it from working and the phone has never been dropped, but it is a piece...

Don't worry, it will happen to yours too...just wait...

The top (screen) is loose and wiggles...does yours? How long have you had your pre?
    I got mine the first day...and it's definitely not going to last a year...it's almost been 6 months...
    if it does not last a year it is still under warranty right ??? sweet
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    By unapproved patches, I meant that Palm doesn't technically condone anything done by patchers, but they don't stop them either. So basically, you are on your own.

- Had the phone clock issue, but it corrected itself with a soft reset.

- Seeing that the Facebook app didn't work until 1.3.1, you would have nothing to compare it to prior to the update. That being said, Facebook might actually be to blame for not getting current events. There are two different feeds, and it may be that the Pre pulls info based on your preferences. So change the feed on www.facebook.com and then see if that helps.

- I have been seeing a few issues with calls going straight to voicemail, but that might be more service issues than anything else.

I know that there are some people that have had issues like yours, and they are very real. Good luck.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Just like every other phone I had from Palm...

Problems, problems, problems...

I had to return the 700 no less than 3 times...

Anyone that has had a Palm in the past knows that the charging cord that was used in the past was mostly plastic and it wore out constantly...i had to buy 5 new chargers for the 700, that's why they fixed it this time with the charging stone...I am quite certain it was a concern among many owners...

I guess I'll go down the same road with the pre...just different problems...

Just stating the facts, just stating the facts...
    i returned that 700w windows mobile phone three times too i had the 650 p and when they replaced it after screen broke they gave me that sucky phone then i told them to give me something by palm and i got the 755p which was an awesome phone for sure until the pre
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    gotta agree. i LOVE(d?) this phone but am so fed up with the updates. first off i HATE the way it shoves them down your throat. meaning, i plugged phone in (since the battery won't last longer than 4-5 hours with heavy use) and didn't notice the install and if you don't say 'not now (no option for not ever)' it installs. next thing i notice it's half done and didn't uninstall all my patches. so get to spend the rest of day trying to undork my phone. eventually have to use epr & then webosrepair and send it back to scratch.

regardless of all that, now i don't get any of my gmail alerts and sounds are completely screwed to point of being unusable:

regardless of what is done whenever sound toggle is on (ie not showing red) and system sounds selected off (i HAVE to have it this way as spend half year on the road and while i need to sleep in a hotel and avoid email/sms alerts i need to be able to get emergency calls from home)... the sounds still come screaming through loud and clear. i have tried every possible soundd config, uninstall and fix and still no change. so it HAS to be this bloody 1.3 OS.

i haven't noticed any improvement whatsoever with this latest upgrade. for me all it's done is made the sounds on my phone utterly useless. it's bad enough i have to install about 30 patches and programs simply to make the phone common-sense intuitive and useful for basic things like sms, email and sounds.. sheesh.. now this.

ideas? anyone??

g
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Yeah I had my pain with the Pre also, but i am now on my 3rd Pre and even though I didn't install any preware on my phone this time, 1.3 made the phone better.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    trhwallst I think pogeypetey is thinking you have unofficial tweaks and patches installed from the Homebrew section and not just Homebrew apps. While you should uninstall Homebrew apps before updating to a new OS version I don't think it would cause problems with the phone other then the Homebrew app not working right after the update. Now actual patches most likely could cause the phone to malfunction.

With that being said, I think the "99% of the Users had no problems" statement about 1.3.1 is a bit off. I am seeing more and more "rant" threads about the update than praises. I for one have had a boat load of issues with the updates and the phone in general. My 3rd one should be here today that is replacing my replacement that I had for exactly one week before it crapped out on me.

Now in regards to Shadavis08 post, yes the phone is under a 1 Year Warrenty, but all that means is they will give you a refurb/replacement Pre if yours was deemed to be defective. They only will consider letting you switch to a different style of phone if you have had 3 defective Pres (your original, the replacement, and then its replacement) and even then there is a chance they will say no.