1.    #1  
    Now that the TREO's are reportedly shipping, anyone have one already?

Anyone want to give us your own personal review of the device?

Editorial reviews are good, but actual user reviews carry much more weight. Please let us know what you think of your new TREO... Please
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    Originally posted by jonecool
    Now that the TREO's are reportedly shipping, anyone have one already?
    "reportedly" being the operative word. One week and counting.
    Has anyone received or knows someone who has received thier Treo?
    I ordered mine (180 with VoiceStream) early on the 11th. The web still says "order received". Calls to the Utah customer service center to check the status are a joke. I have been told it would ship last week, this week, 1-3 weeks from the order date, after the 25th, earlier for Cingular customers, the same for Cingular/VoiceStream customers, earlier for non-activated orders, etc. They don't have a clue. I know HS had a disclaimer saying they wouldn't ship right away, but this is pathetic. What is the delay? Are the carriers telling them to hold back, or is HS just not prepared?
    Originally posted by mcmanaman
    They don't have a clue.
    Or maybe they do have clue but cannot say. The site say 1-2 weeks (now 1-3 weeks) for shipping so they have no obligation to offer an explanation at this point.
  6.    #6  
    Ok, so we hear that ya'all are starting to get your TREO's. How about what you think of 'em? Any problems? Would you buy it again? How does it feel to have all that (16MB) room?
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    I just got my Treo, set it up and used it to make phone calls and check my schedule. I started using it about 18 hours ago and have not used it much during that time but the battery is at 40% right now (!).

My initial reaction is that I'm going to have to be plugged in at all times to keep the battery from dying. Doesn't that kind of defear the purpose.

Then again, this is my first time with a cell phone so I am not sure if it's standard to have to plug in every evening (and while in the car, and at the office) and only using the phone in those few moments when I am not near a plug.

Thoughts?
    Got mine on Wednesday.

It is everything it SHOULD be.

Small, LIGHT, extremely useful. Now I don't have to lug an edge AND the Nokia. Thank god. Battery life is great.... And it's MUCH lighter than I expected.

The screen is smaller than the edge,and thus the type face is smaller. That's the one qualm-- but I don't think there's a solution-- otherwise the unit has to be bigger.

Love how the software on the phone works/ integrates with contacts.

Still learning how to navigate with the keypad rather than graffitti, but I can tell I will prefer the keypad.

The ear-speaker is VERY loud, which is great-- you can raise the volume MUCH louder than on my Nokia... Haven't experimentd with the speakerphone-- though I noticed a slight echo with it.

It sort of look like the OLD Star Trek Communicator.... Cooooool......

Takes a bit of getting used to-- you don't press the whole unit close to your face as you would with a cell phone-- or maybe that's because I never had a flip top before.

Worth the wait guys!
    The Subject says it all, how long did it take to receive it from the date of ordering... or in other words... how long must this torture go on???
    "Happy are they whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned"

Romans 4:7
    i received mine on thursday have been using it since . much lighter then i thought i love it were has it been all these years . been using the phone also used the speaker phone had no problems with either.used blazer with no problem and rec. my aol mail no problem. only negative is that the font is small especially on the web have to see if i can find a third party program found i could adjust font in address book and palm reader.but other wise i think it is a great unit much better then the visor phone
    i received my treo on friday and charged it for the initial 90 minutes. after a couple of phone calls and some data calls, im already at the low battery warning (blinking red light). i think the total talk time so far is less than 30 minutes..im a bit concerned that the treo is not going to hold up to the 2.5 hour promise..but hey, im happy cause i have my treo

-kO
    ---
    keepOnkeepingOn
    cyanez wrote:
    I just got my Treo, set it up and used it to make phone calls and check my schedule. I started using it about 18 hours ago and have not used it much during that time but the battery is at 40% right now

keepOnkeepinOn wrote:
    after a couple of phone calls and some data calls, im already at the low battery warning (blinking red light). i think the total talk time so far is less than 30 minutes..im a bit concerned that the treo is not going to hold up to the 2.5 hour promise

Have either of you had GSM phones in the past? I'm wondering because the GSM coverage in your areas may be spottier than other parts of the country. The cell phones consume more power to pick up a weak signal. If the Treo's power consumption is worse than your previous GSM phones, then the problem lies with the Treo itself, unless you've been eagerly using the Treo (the wireless and the PDA components) more while it's still a novelty.
    No, this is my first cell phone of any kind, so I have nothing to compare it to.

Anyone else?
    No, this is my first cell phone of any kind, so I have nothing to compare it to.

Anyone else?
    I am coming off an ericsson t39, which, on a slim battery, can offer close to 4 hours talk time with about 100 hours standby.

-kO
    ---
    keepOnkeepingOn