Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Opinions? I would love to see a Pixi phone with a screen the size of the pre or bigger!

Any thoughts on when and what kind of phone Palm will release next?
    Full touch screen phone! oh.. and the next phone wont be for a while. palm needs to suck every drop of juice out the palm pre and Pixi.
    Live the Pre life.
    that next palm phone will be the pre two with 16 and 32 gig of memory
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    +1

Think as the platform get better with build tweaks and the apps increase, they will stick with it, just give it more memory.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Needs to be something that can compete hardware wise with the other top smart phones out. My guess though is that the hardware will be comparable to the best phones out today and when this new phone comes out there'll already be a new best standard that it can't compete with - such as the future Google phone and the new iPhone revision. I'd love to be proven wrong though.
    By the time the next phone comes out WebOS will have Flash, Video Recording, EXTREME speed boosts, and much more enhanced features for the apps. Taking that I would think they would have a Pre type phone but with REALLY good build quality, thinner, 5mp camera (with auto-focus), more internal memory, better processor, better better screen, exc.
    I can really see them releasing a beast of a phone next time. After that it would beet the next iPhone any day.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    There is no guarantee that there will be another Palm phone.
    theres always gunna be a guarrantee for a palm, and theres always gunna be a guarrantee for a phone but a palm phone is not so certain per KCW
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanlc2005 View Post
    theres always gunna be a guarrantee for a palm, and theres always gunna be a guarrantee for a phone but a palm phone is not so certain per KCW
    what did you just say?
    Quote Originally Posted by kcw View Post
    There is no guarantee that there will be another Palm phone.
    Actually there is. Their balance sheet and investment from Elevation Partners is a guarantee that there will be another Palm phone. They have also stated publicly to their shareholders that they have several devices in the pipeline.

I think the most logical next phone would be a Pre2 with more memory and top notch build quality. I think the form factor is the best thing out there. It just needs better hardware and build quality.

It will be announced January at CES and delivered in the first half of 2010.

Palm would be fools to make a black slab without a keyboard and I pray God they never do.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Slightly bigger, OLED(?) screen, slightly bigger keyboard with the ability to have a usuable cursor. Better build quality, love the shape. Bigger internal memory, beter battery life. Flash, video recorder, better camera and I would be happy. I love this phone and am waiting for the next one to come out. They would be fools not to make another on within a year or so. I pray they dont rush to get it out, take your time and build it right and it will sell. Im sure with the addition of the Pixie, a second Pre will do well as people will like the system and want to move up and those of us with the Pre will just move on to the bigger, badder phone. Cant wait!
    My prediction is there will be an updated pre with more memory thats about it. Updated to webos 2.0 maybe all at one shot. There will not be a pre version 2 until The omap A9 chipset is complete. I dont know why people are hoping for a pre 2 in june. The only other chipset to consider is the tegra 2 which is based on the arm a9 cpu. We currently have the omap a8. It only makes sense for the pre 2 to have the a9 dual core. That will be out late 2010 by TI.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I think it is high time for a (staged) leak of a new device to keep the webOS momentum going....
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Actually there is. Their balance sheet and investment from Elevation Partners is a guarantee that there will be another Palm phone. They have also stated publicly to their shareholders that they have several devices in the pipeline.

I think the most logical next phone would be a Pre2 with more memory and top notch build quality. I think the form factor is the best thing out there. It just needs better hardware and build quality.

It will be announced January at CES and delivered in the first half of 2010.

Palm would be fools to make a black slab without a keyboard and I pray God they never do.
    I think they'd be fools to wait til June before their next phone. And announcing a Pre 2 at CES with another first half release? That'll kill sales of their current models.

But i guess you got a point. After all, RIM, HTC, Moto, Apple, etc are all fools to make a slab, landscape kb or not. But not Palm.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    The next device will be the new webOS based Treo. I say "Treo" because I wouldn't be surprised if Palm kept the name of their flagship smartphone while totally redesigning the device around webOS. It will probably be either a full hardware QWERTY with a full Pre-size screen, or a full screen with virtual keyboard. I think, though, Palm likes having the hardware keyboard to set them apart from the competition. I don't see it being a slider, but it could be some sort of flip device or something like a larger version of the Pixi. There will be no center button (Palm may be done with that idea). It will probably have a card slot, most likely bluetooth and wifi, and of course 4g. By then webOS 2.0 will be out, and we could possibly see a full graphics-accelerated OS with the new version (which would be passed to the existing Pre and possibly Pixi). I really see Palm with 3 devices on the market - entry, mid-level, and high-end business devices, and I really believe the Pre is just the mid-level. Right now it's the higher end because the Pixi is clearly the lower end. The Pre was launched as Palm's "guinea pig" device to introduce webOS and shuttle out the maturation of the software, which I believe will be here with the release of version 2. We still have one more high end device to go, that will maximize on webOS's capabilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by davim00 View Post
    The next device will be the new webOS based Treo. I say "Treo" because I wouldn't be surprised if Palm kept the name of their flagship smartphone while totally redesigning the device around webOS. It will probably be either a full hardware QWERTY with a full Pre-size screen, or a full screen with virtual keyboard. I think, though, Palm likes having the hardware keyboard to set them apart from the competition. I don't see it being a slider, but it could be some sort of flip device or something like a larger version of the Pixi. There will be no center button (Palm may be done with that idea). It will probably have a card slot, most likely bluetooth and wifi, and of course 4g. By then webOS 2.0 will be out, and we could possibly see a full graphics-accelerated OS with the new version (which would be passed to the existing Pre and possibly Pixi). I really see Palm with 3 devices on the market - entry, mid-level, and high-end business devices, and I really believe the Pre is just the mid-level. Right now it's the higher end because the Pixi is clearly the lower end. The Pre was launched as Palm's "guinea pig" device to introduce webOS and shuttle out the maturation of the software, which I believe will be here with the release of version 2. We still have one more high end device to go, that will maximize on webOS's capabilities.
    With the name of "Treo" it better have beefed-up PIM applications and FULL Exchange support.
    The big thing to many businesses is the video confrencing and working at home. I believe that a second smaller camara on the screen side that would facilitate video confrencing at home or on the go would be HUGE. Both business and consumer applications can be made available. With Google Wave and similar products maturing. This imo would be the next logical evolution of the smartphone
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    With the name of "Treo" it better have beefed-up PIM applications and FULL Exchange support.
    I think we'll see better PIMs with the next full version of webOS, something more akin to the built in PIMs in Palm OS 5. There's no way Palm hasn't noticed the amount of criticism of their webOS PIMs so far. They just need to figure out a way for the feature set of the old Palm PIMs to work out with Synergy.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    My best guess is a Pre 2 (fixes all previous hardware problems of first one, bigger screen, more memory, ect...) or a total power house phone that competes with all other major phones.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast