Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Next device code name is zeppelin. Code name was leaked way back in June when lots of people pore over the first webos doctor line by line. Also confirmed the pixi. Form factor - no idea.
    Same format, little larger to incorporate a larger battery, higher res screen, a camera with more features, removable memory that can expand with the technology, but whatever they do, keep the real keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaneophyte View Post
    Next device code name is zeppelin. Code name was leaked way back in June when lots of people pore over the first webos doctor line by line. Also confirmed the pixi. Form factor - no idea.
    Is there any proof?
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaneophyte View Post

Sorry, your information is old and waaaaaaaaaay out of date. The "zeppelin" was actually the code name for the old Treo 800w:

Possible Sprint Treo 800w Release Date

You might also be confused with the code name "zephloyd", but that was just Palm's internal code name for an early beta of the 800w hardware being tested with webos:

Not Coming: The Palm Zepfloyd

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Would it be possible to make an entirely unique form factor? I love the full screen of the iPhone for browsing and reading docs, I love the keyboard on the BB Bold, and I'm not to keen on sliders.

Would it be physically/financially possible to make a phone w/ two screens. One one side - the full touch screen w/ no buttons (just gesture areas), & on the other side a smaller pixi-like screen w/ candybar BB Bold like keyboard (and the speaker, mic, camera, flash)? I know there are digi cameras w/ LCD screens on both sides.

Would anyone else like such a form factor?
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJamison View Post
    Would it be possible to make an entirely unique form factor? I love the full screen of the iPhone for browsing and reading docs, I love the keyboard on the BB Bold, and I'm not to keen on sliders.

Would it be physically/financially possible to make a phone w/ two screens. One one side - the full touch screen w/ no buttons (just gesture areas), & on the other side a smaller pixi-like screen w/ candybar BB Bold like keyboard (and the speaker, mic, camera, flash)? I know there are digi cameras w/ LCD screens on both sides.

My guess is two screens, one on each side of the phone is not going to be a winner. Sounds pretty ugly as well. On the other hand there might be phones in the distant future where the screen can expand into a larger screen a la the new laptops coming out.

I think one great screen is better than two awkward screens. I'd rather the manufacturing money go into one high quality screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by davim00 View Post
    The next device will be the new webOS based Treo. I say "Treo" because I wouldn't be surprised if Palm kept the name of their flagship smartphone while totally redesigning the device around webOS. It will probably be either a full hardware QWERTY with a full Pre-size screen, or a full screen with virtual keyboard. I think, though, Palm likes having the hardware keyboard to set them apart from the competition. I don't see it being a slider, but it could be some sort of flip device or something like a larger version of the Pixi. There will be no center button (Palm may be done with that idea). It will probably have a card slot, most likely bluetooth and wifi, and of course 4g. By then webOS 2.0 will be out, and we could possibly see a full graphics-accelerated OS with the new version (which would be passed to the existing Pre and possibly Pixi). I really see Palm with 3 devices on the market - entry, mid-level, and high-end business devices, and I really believe the Pre is just the mid-level. Right now it's the higher end because the Pixi is clearly the lower end. The Pre was launched as Palm's "guinea pig" device to introduce webOS and shuttle out the maturation of the software, which I believe will be here with the release of version 2. We still have one more high end device to go, that will maximize on webOS's capabilities.
    I like what I hear here because this makes a total sense.
    Keep the real keyboard though because Palm users typically expect more of their phones that those music listening video watching game playing iPeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by josecaguas View Post
    The big thing to many businesses is the video confrencing and working at home. I believe that a second smaller camara on the screen side that would facilitate video confrencing at home or on the go would be HUGE. Both business and consumer applications can be made available. With Google Wave and similar products maturing. This imo would be the next logical evolution of the smartphone
    Yep. Maybe the camera should be made flippable to the front side of the phone?

Or maybe the camera should be just moved to the front and a second larger screen could be added on the back! Or having two cameras could also work.

Skype is currently the leader in video communication. Skype already works on many phones, including Palm (or so I heard) but without the video capabilities. Adding a camera to the same side as the screen would make video conferencing truly mobile. People would no longer have to schedule times to sit in front of their computers to see each other on web cams. They would be able to talk "face-to-face" anytime anywhere using a simple mobile phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Actually there is. Their balance sheet and investment from Elevation Partners is a guarantee that there will be another Palm phone. They have also stated publicly to their shareholders that they have several devices in the pipeline.

I think the most logical next phone would be a Pre2 with more memory and top notch build quality. I think the form factor is the best thing out there. It just needs better hardware and build quality.

It will be announced January at CES and delivered in the first half of 2010.

Palm would be fools to make a black slab without a keyboard and I pray God they never do.
    fail
    I hope the new device is called Palm Triton

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJamison View Post

Already exists... LG ENV Touch... (two screens... only one camera)
    horizontal slide out keyboard! 3.5 inch screen (at least)! 1Ghz processor! Plus: 32gb model, 5MP camera w/ zoom and auto focus

Those are some wishes for me.

My guesses are that they will improve the memory, hardware, etc. but it may not necessarily be the best phone on the market. I HOPE Palm can make something by the end of 2010. I just got my Pre Plus and really love webOS. I hope it can gain a larger market share. People need to realize how awesome webOS is!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12