Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty BK View Post
    I'd like as large a screen as possible, and I think I'd prefer the physical keybd, so maybe a Pixi-sized device, all screen (no center button) with a landscape slider. Somebody mock it up!
    http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...b858bb52fd.jpg

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...003fc91a8d.jpg

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...8e7238dfb4.jpg

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...f6c86991ec.jpg

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...b180d3dcfe.jpg

I think something like that, with a 4 inch screen la Sony's XPERIA X10 or HTC's HD2 with 8 GB + MicroSD expansion, 5 MP camera with video recording AND OpenGL and it could be perfect (well, at least for me)!

What do you all think? Cheers!
    I'll take 2 please.
    While your design is fantastic, I think Palm was onto something when they designed the Pre to be conducive with one-handed operation.
    Yes....best mockup idea yet. Bring webOS to a larger platform. I like the size of the Pre (kind of best of both worlds) especally given that the GPU wiz bang isn't happening. However webOS is the best mobile OS available right now and it needs to be brought to this kind of device.
    Very iphoney n900 there
    The n900 keyboard design sucks though.. the misplaced space bar, space from top row to screen.

I think a phone bigger than pre, glass screen, flat vert slider, pixi keyboard but wider.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Very iphoney n900 there
    lol Kind of.
    NICE! I just saw this the other day on Engadget...

ZiiLABS - Pioneering Digital Media Processing

And MAN this thing is POWERFUL! If Palm would just license out WebOS to these guys at Zii and have them be their hardware provider we would be SET!! It has its own OS called "Plaszma" and can even run Android.
    just give me a larger pixi with the pre screen and wifi and im a happy camper
    STAR TAC w/TIMPORT ORGANIZER>I300>I330>TREO600>TREO650>TREO700>TREO755P
    I would drop my pre for that instantly no ?'s asked. I love the pre but want a bigger screen and a horizontal slider like this would be too bad at all. Plus glass screen no more scratches. I love webos that's the only reason I want this so I have more of my needs met. Reach out to everyone not just some. Bring on a bigger screen. Have a phone like the mockup and I guarantee userbase would jump like crazy
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    I have to say that phone looks OF THE HOOK!!!
    Excellent. Except for the misplaced spacebar. Otherwise, EXCELLENT.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Questions:

1. What would be the resolution of this screen? After seeing the Droid and with upcoming devices like the HTC Passion/Dragon, my next device will not be a 480x320 screen.

2. I haven't ever installed the virtual keyboard hack, but what happens when you get a notification? That would seem like a major issue.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by UF15 View Post
    Questions:

1. What would be the resolution of this screen? After seeing the Droid and with upcoming devices like the HTC Passion/Dragon, my next device will not be a 480x320 screen.

2. I haven't ever installed the virtual keyboard hack, but what happens when you get a notification? That would seem like a major issue.
    1. I made the mockup inspired, in fact, recent models of smartphones such as HTC HD2, the XPERIA x10 and Droid. The mockup simulates a 4-inch screen.

2. That's a good question. Can someone shed some light on that?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nocopies View Post
    1. I made the mockup inspired, in fact, recent models of smartphones such as HTC HD2, the XPERIA x10 and Droid. The mockup simulates a 4-inch screen.

2. That's a good question. Can someone shed some light on that?
    From what I understand now, if you have the current virtual keyboard on, it covers up the notification area if you get a notification. Maybe in WebOS 2.0 they will have an option to have the notification area at the top or bottom of the screen.
    wow, nice mockup!!!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Ever since I saw the HD2 I've really been wanting a webOS phone with beautiful hardware like that one. A huge screen would be nice. Something as thin as the droid, if motorola can do it so can palm.
    Nice looking mock-ups, but sorry to say that none of them are for me. Like many, I need a vertical physical keyboard. I think Palm would be foolish to copy everyone else. I think they would be wise to keep the Pre form factor but drastically improve the build quality.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    good looking mockup, but if they release more than one device at ces (like i talked about in
    http://forums.precentral.net/future-...look-like.html
    i think they should scrap the slider idea all together. i think they should open their bluetooth and allow use for a bluetooth keyboard, LIKE THEY USED TO SELL!
    sorry it just still irritates me, i miss it. people who have used them obviously can back me up on it. the little keyboard or a virtual keyboard is nice, but for real typing i want a real keyboard. just gotta get doc to go and a real note taker working first
    I love the current form factor, but possibly with a little bit more width for the keyboard, and better build quality. I think a lot of people prefer the smaller, more pocket-able, one-handed size and feel. I hate talking on a slab phone, in spite of all its advantages. The Pre has great ergonomics, but I do like the landscape slider functionality better. Priorities, balance and compromise equals success in life.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Bravo! Excellent man, you read my mind!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast