Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    WHY oh why would you want a landscape keyboard? Do you have three hands???
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    WHY oh why would you want a landscape keyboard? Do you have three hands???
    the way i see it is if it had a tegra 2 (omap 4) cpu/gpu kit, with that big screen and horizontal keyboard, it would be a smart phone but also a mini tablet in 1.

kill 2 birds with one stone so to speak.
    this would be cool, but I gotta say it, no keyboard, just a slab, and blue tooth keyboard if you choose. Oh and a forward facing 1.3mp for video chat on sprints 4g network!
    Palm prē-ist.
    and carry yet, another big brick. tired of them. And I can type way faster on a nice portrait thumboard than I can on a bigger landscape keyboard. And, I can use the phone one handed. Something between the Pixi and Treo Pro. The screen needn't be the size of the Pre's, it just needs to maintain the same aspect ratio. I'd be fine with a slightly smaller screen. You minimize the bezel and raise the earpiece further to the top, and there is plenty of room to fit a larger more 16x9 screen without the phone being too long. You make the keyboard a touch more spacious and you'd attract the many others that are tired of the big bricks phones have become again all in the name of big screens.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    maybe i'm a little old school, but i would prefer one or two little LEDs at the front, where i can easily see when there is a new SMS/Email/ICQmessage ...

of course a faster cpu (dual core?) and a more powerful battery should be in the next gen Pre
    until then the cpu and battery producer have to keep on developing too
    maybe a little Intel atom or AMD Neo cpu in the 4G Pre would be nice
    Love the mock-up........
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    lots of wasted space in the screen area of the pixi. 16:9 screen would've made cross device use so much easier and landscape viewing that much nicer. And the dimensions of the phone wouldn't have had to change one bit.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    the whole concept of the pre is one-handed use.

it used to be sought after in the phone world, then steve jobs convinced everyone two-handed use was somehow better.

At least some of us can resist.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Funny mock up. I think Palm could pull it off.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123