1.    #1  
    Handspring has directly put up a bunch of non-activated treo 180's for auction on eBay.

Now, most still have the "Buy It Now" option on for the same price as via the website.

What confuses me is this: what eBay winner is going to accept the amorphous "1-3 weeks" shipping time for one of these auctioned treos? the auction page itself makes NO mention of a shipping delay. I would think this would lead to severe negative feedback for handspring! Nevermind the fact that those of us that ordered directly through the site are getting mighty impatient. I personally am annoyed that on the HS website in big red letters it proclaims that the treo is "Now Shipping", when in actuality they are "Now Accepting Orders".

*grumble*
    yeah, i would avoid the ebay handspring like the plague. they did the same thing with the VP. put them up for auction when they were on back order.

i tried to buy a phone from them a while ago as it said "yes, will ship to canada." i even emailed the rep for confirmation and she said "sure". so i order and she tells me "oops, nope. can't ship to canada."

i say whatever and buy one from someone else. two months later the same rep reports me to ebay as a non-paying bidder. *****.

fortunately i kept all my emails from her and emailed them to ebay who promptly removed the NPB status.

so, yeah, the ebay person has no clue what she's doing. run away.

mc