Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I'm a little confused about Treo battery life.

1-I read somewhere (probably here in the discussions) that the color Treo will boast the same battery life as the 180. Is this true? If it is, I feel a little silly having ordered a 180.

2-I've read that the lithium battery is internal and non-removable, but the photos in the flash demo on the HS site have what looks like a battery compartment on the back. Does anyone know if we're going to get to carry a second battery, or is that little hatch in the photo something else?

--Steve
    "Faith is like a disease. Hang around people who have it and you'll catch it." -Sylvester Stalone in Driven
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    The "hatch" on the back is for the SIM card, which is removable on any GSM phone. This allows you to transfer all of your contact information from phone to phone, without having to retype it all.

A really handy advantage for GSM, if you ask me.

The battery is not removable, and probably not replaceable. But it is LiIon Polymer, so it should last pretty long (overall life, I mean, not per charge).

I think a travel charger/ car lighter adapter is going to be a must for anyone who talks on the phone a lot.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    That's too bad. I was hoping they had changed the battery system since the prototypes had come out.

--Pruitt
    --Pruitt

IBM Workpad-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Platinum-->Treo 180-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Centro
    I could be mistaken, but I recall reading (somewhere) that the battery is supposed to last 1.5 to 2 years. Then you need to ship it to Handspring to be replaced - you can't replace it yourself.